What Bits Do You Hate....?

Guest Wordbender

Guest Chris S
Originally posted by Chris S:

You do not have to be a pike angler to know that all you stated is bad angling practice.

It has been the practise of pike anglers on large drains etc for many years to spread rods about all the place but that does not make it right.

That is my last word on the subject.

Chris S smile.gif

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, it's very difficult to convey our proficiency in our styles of fishing on this forum.

I'm very inexperienced in pike angling, although I have dabbled in it 'carp' style.(ooops!)

However, as an average man off the street, I don't understand why the rods have to be so far appart regardless of rules and proficiency.

Perhaps someone could explain this to me on another topic heading and leave this thread to continue on it's tongue-in-cheek, jovial way.

All the best,

Gaffer.

Guest Gaffer

...other things I hate...the hour you have to wait for that photo of your new personal best.

...to find that it didn't come out!!

Gaffer.

P.S. never let my dad take a photo of your PB! smile.gif

Guest Ray Walton

Hey Budge! As you know, i have great difficulty in holding up gudgeon! My other hate is watching used contraceptives, sanitary towles and toiletries floating down rivers and kids swimming below sewage outfalls. I'm sure i'd get more bites if the kids were at school....Ray- still in the pooooor part of Hampstead.

Guest Wordbender

Discovered a new top-hate, today. Bleedin' line twist!!!

Please don't point me in the direction of a Spin Doctor, coz I've got two of those and both are spectacularly useless. When retrieved at wrist-snapping revs on my 8010 Baitrunners, all I get from the Spin Doctors is a poofy wobble - and nil reduction in line twist.

Currently, there's about 200 yards of 12-pound Technium on each of my reels that springs into a spookily realistic impression of Bob Marley's barnet if I take my eyes off it for a second.

Line twist is worse than brewer's droop. Er...probably, like.

Terry.

Guest Wordbender

OK, Budgie - if you want the REALLY technical term, it's more of a 'gay sway'. :-)

Still doesn't bloody un-twist me Technium, though.

(I hate line twist more than Julian Clary hates piles, I do).

Terry.