The RSSG has a new Chairman!!

Chris Goddard

"Chris, I take great pleasure in accepting the invitation to Chair the RSSG."

These were the first words I saw earlier this evening!! :D:D:D

Step into the lights, MR PETER WALLER!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen of the RSSG we have a new leader, a person who will take us onto new and exiting things.

:D WATCH THIS SPACE!!!! :D

CHRIS GODDARD

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Thanks folks for your kind words. I'm sure there will be a few who will see it as questionable appointment though!

I have personally set myself a target of one year to help get the RSSG back up off the ground. To be blunt, if we can't meet that target then I see little future in my involvement.

I have no intention of riding rough-shod over the membership's wishes although I can be a cavalier sod at times! I shall certainly work hard to ensure that the club belongs to no one man, that everyone who has an opinion will be listened to.

I will certainly have my say, as I trust, will others. Personally I should like to see that every river angler in the country is aware of the RSSG, that every keen river angler becomes a member and that every member will feel that they have a right to have their say, knowing that their opinion will, atleast, be considered.

It is my wish to see the RSSG accepted as a creditable organisation nationally recognised as the representative body of dedicated river anglers. I should personally like to see an active network of groups across the country. Groups that are primarily out there enthusiastically angling, but also acting as the eyes and ears of our waterways.

How we go about this will be largely down to the committe and the membership. I shall certainly be working me and them hard to achieve our goal! At the moment I have a dream, as do other RSSG members, I shall do my damndest to turn these dreams into reality, to the benefit of ALL river anglers.

In the meantime, if anybody, member or not, has a question, or wishes to make a point, my e-mail address is peter.r.waller@btinternet.com

Peter Waller:

In the meantime, if anybody, member or not, has a question, or wishes to make a point, my e-mail address is peter.r.waller@btinternet.com

Peter,

I'm not a member... how do I go about joining, or at least finding out more before I join? Unusally... there's no link in your sig. for this one - just for everything else ;-)

Cheers,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

Adz, you or anyone else wanting to join the RSSG should in the first instance contact myself (Chris Goddard) with your postal address in order that I may send you out a membership form for you to give us a few details about yourself and with the form you enclose your membership fee which is at present £3. About the cost of a pint of casters or 1 1/2 pints of maggots!! We will then send you a "Joiners Pack" with some background to the formation of the RSSG, a membership card, a copy of the constitution and details of how you can help anglers in YOUR neck of the woods!!

You will then become a voice in the RSSG with the aim of helping all RIVER ANGLERS whatever race, creed, or colour they may be!!

The address you require:

3 Mayroyde, St. Giles Road, Halifax, HX3 8BQ.

Please mark your envelope "RSSG"

Thank You and good luck!

Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Finally, a man of great integrity, a fine man, a worthy man, a man of strength, a man with responsibility, a man...

Oh, I see... it's Peter. Ah well...

All the best with the job Peter. After reading your posts over the years I know you to be a level headed chap with a lot of sense. Unlike anybody else on this forum! :D So you get my vote (and membership fee when you ask for it!)