New european laws

Steve Burke

Nugg:
Originally posted by Andrew Thong:

[qb]Yes,

if you read this just remember it the next time you are tempted to throw down a fag packet,

Not just fag packets, fag ends are litter too!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Yes !!!! That's what I mean !

Educate all those people that are angling or are about to take up angling. Tell them/show them what is the right ethics to follow.

'Anglers' are often classified as litter bugs. I am ashamed when I fish places and notice litter that can only be left behind by the last person/s who fished there.

But the culprits are 'normally anglers that don't fish often' . 2 rods between 5 people ? Or first few times. Normally ppl out for a laugh scenerio, huh? Therefore, they haven't the faintest idea what littering does to the the enviourment and the name of our sport ?

Even in remote and isolated places like Dengemarsh beach !!!!!!!! Sad and infuriating for us sad campaigners.

How about a campaign among 'all tackle shops' to remind everyone that purchase baits to go fishing, esp. new faces, 'Not to be Litter Bugs' . Idea for the angling press etc?

thongy

Bite alarms, carp rods, baitrunners, and braid. Great for big bass on beach. I'm bringing my sofa next .....

Andrew Thong:

Yes !!!! That's what I mean !

Educate all those people that are angling or are about to take up angling. Tell them/show them what is the right ethics to follow.

?

Last night I arrived home from work at about 2030, at the back of my place is a nice water. I usually take a walk around to see what is going on and if anyone is fishing. There was a duck having serious problems in the water, he had been hooked by a young lad who was "surface fishing ïn the dark". I took a net over (they never had a net" and got the duck out, the hook was well into its mouth and not reachable with forcepts. I said to the lads "we can't get this hook out, it will have to be killed, who caught it? I did said one lad, OK then it is your catch so you have to kill it! How do I do that? You wring its neck like this (no duck just 2 hands). I can't do that the lad says. OK there are 3 of you and you are all mates, who is going to kill your catch? Shakes of the head all roung.

After giving them a good blasting about not having a clue about fishing, wild life, the enviroment etc etc I left with the duck under my arm. I managed to get the hook out and let it go.

Next morning I walked around the water and there was the duck, quacking away and quite healthy. Where the lads had been "fishing" there was discarded line, a Pike lure and a boilie needle. :mad:

In Germany potential anglers have to do an exam before they are allowed to apply for a licence or one is issued. THIS SHOULD BE EUROPE WIDE imo.

Back to the original topic, what was the point of daming the water off? it will do a lot of damage to the ecosystem in the immediate area and further down stream (as there is no stream). This is not vandalism but a calculated attack on the enviroment BUT WHY?

Now I am off to bed really depressed, how can we protect our world if the children that we are trying to protect it for won't, don"t know to or don't know what is at risk by there stupidity.

:confused: What will be left for these 10 - 15 year olds future children :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sod it, I give up for tonight.

Sleep well

Alan(nl)Don't they have a graemlin for depressed and really peed of?

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Poledark,

I sympathise totally, what a superb little weir, to fill that with rocks they must have no soul!

I fished one of my local rivers (the Swale at Langton) after an absence of some years & found a very similar situation. One of the banks which was particularly prone to erosion had been 'improved' by covering it with rocks.

It looked bloody awful, & when the grass grew between the rocks it was a nightmare to walk over, threatening to break an unwary ankle at every turn.

It felt like official vandalism.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Hiya every one, coming back to the litter/rubbish coment,didn't some one a long time ago write or say something like "leave only foot prints, take only memories"?. Just a thought.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

bushwacker:

Hiya every one, coming back to the litter/rubbish coment,didn't some one a long time ago write or say something like "leave only foot prints, take only memories"?. Just a thought.

I saw a similar one in Egypt last Christmas, take nothing and leave nothing.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/