Total fishing match - who's still up for it?

steve r

Hi to everyone joining from the Total Fishing site. I know Izzetafox, Aberdeen Angus and Meatbasher are already here, who else is on board?

Geepster has asked someone to post with regards the match at the Glebe and, as no one else has done it yet, what do you all want to do?

I'm all for going ahead with it and Geepster's still prepared to do the organisation, what are your views?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve R,

Welcome to AnglersNet.

I hope you enjoy your stay and when you've had a good look around you will see what you've been missing out there in the internet wastelands

John.

[ 04. December 2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: fisherking ]

Steve, much as I would like to go ahead with the match, it was originally intended as a Total Fishing BB Match between the posters on that site... if there is now no site to post on then I'm not sure it can continue... You will know that we have each paid £20 of which (I think) £10 was going to the ACA and £10 was going towards the trophies... if there will be no more TF BB matches in future years (as seems likely) then lets forget the trophy...who is going to sponsor a one year event? If there is no backing from Match Angling then we might as well call the whole thing off... it was intended to be a get together for all the regular posters on the site... now there is no site, what is the point of a match between people that can't even chat anymore? Unless it becomes an Anglersnet match or a Maggotdrowners.com match?? It is likely that the regular posters will be fragmented between a variety of sites and the 65 or so people that had signed up for the Glebe match will find themselves talking with totally different people... However, I don't want to see the ACA lose out in what was going to be a good fund raiser for them... so if the majority are still up for a one off get together, I will still be there... providing we can still all communicate?

Just want to say that i am a member of this forum. This is where Geepster has been directing us so hopefully most of us will turn up on here.

As for the match, i am in mixed views as to if it should continue. No, i havent sent a check off yet but i was pretty close to sending it off before the forum closed down. :(

I agree that it would of been a great idea for the regulars of the board to meet up in person and fish against each other and i ám sure it would of been a fanstastic day out!

But now the BB is closed, we aint going to be able to talk to each other like we all used too.

Maybe Elton could put an seperate board up for us TF regulars? :rolleyes:

And then we could inform Geepster to email everyone that we are on here?

Whatcha think guys? :D

Lee Wood

My anglersnet gold award winning website:www.fishyworld.co.uk

Guest pholt_uk

My view is that the match should still go ahead and this is being discussed at length on AnglingForums.co.uk where they've created a Total Fishing Refugees forum where the majority of TF users have now turned up.

Before TF closed I didn't realise there were so many fishing forums on the net and it seems that a lot of TF users are now spead widely across them all. To keep up to date on the match situation it might be best to keep checking AnglingForums. Anglers Net is a winner though and I recommmed it to anyone who's just joined but as I say most TF users are now on AnglingForums if you've not already had a look.

Paul

Welcome to all those from the TF Forum, glad to have you aboard. :)

lee wood:

Maybe Elton could put an seperate board up for us TF regulars?    :rolleyes:    

We're all brothers (and sisters) of Angle with a lot to pass on and a lot more to learn.

Get to know us and hopefully you won't feel the need for a seperate TF Forum.

In time you'll realise what a great bunch we are.

Happy posting. :)

[ 05. December 2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

Come on Steve r,

give us all a clue, Where are you at man! Anonymous location person.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.