line strength

ali123

A good quality cheap line is Daiwa sensor.

I use it for spinning (8lb), ledgering (6lb) and on my avon type rods (8lb) for floater, heavy float or ledger work, also uswe it in16lb orange for beach casting.

For general float work maxima or drennan float fish in various strains to 5lb.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

As a beginner I still tend to use heavier lines than paticulary necessary. I have daiwa sensor spooled up in 5lbs for general float, 10lbs for carp and ledgering and 15lbs for where i expect bigger carp. I find due to the fact i'm still getting tangled in trees having a heavier line saves me alot in lost ledger weights and feeders :D . Also dependant on hooks if you buy hooks to nylon the line strength is usually paired to the hook, i.e the smaller the hook the lower the line strength, its also alot quicker to change a hook to nylon through the loop than tie on another spade end but then i have large sausage like fingers