pike location

skippy41

There is a dam good pike water in the Scottish Borders in Selkirk just 500 yds from the town center called the haining,its half a mile long by 650 yards wide, you can take your car to within 50yards of the water no permit needed just $4.00 pay the groundsman

Pike to 30lb perch and roach

Skippy, you will be very popular with the locals for spilling the beans on their favourite location!

My local water was unfishable on Sunday because of the influx of outsiders. It could happen to you.

Cars to within 50 yards of the fishing aye? Just like down my way, and the buggers sit in their cars to fish :mad: :mad: :mad: !

[ 02. November 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

all of which means hopefully our new mate skippy will keep his gob shut about decent waters in the future! either that or sell the info to that bloke who was talking about producing a fishing 'manual' cdrom on here the other day

hey guys sorry for leting you all know about the realy good venue but I;m only a part time fisher one day a week, but if you decide to come, bring with you a hand saw and a hand syth as you may need them to access many parts and dont worry about over fishing you havent a hope in hell of doing that due to the shear numbers, you could bring some live bate and let them go for food supplys.

on a seriouse note if you all where to disclose the good waters we have the chance of meeting sometimes and comaring notes

By all means have get togethers Skip,we are having one this weekend.The problem with the internet is that any one can look in.For every "official" member reading your post there could be hundreds of others who aint part of the group.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!