It's Arrived :)

Leon Roskilly

Wow! I had no idea we had our very own tackle making expert on this site! I've never owned a centre-pin before, but have many a stream to use one in! *hint*

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, what size are the Witcher and the Youngs Bob James reels.

The Witcher is 4inch wide drum (actually 4,1/8thX1,1/16th) the YBJ is 4,3/8thX7/8ths.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Guest tigger
My Witcher comes in at 220gm. Think the Youngs Bob James is around 240gm.

C.

The Bob James lightweight is 220gm and is 4.5inch by 1inch the same diameter as the Bob james and I think the Greys Bewick is under 200gm but I may be wrong I'll have a look in the box tomorrow and see if it gives the weight or I'll weigh it I'm curious now.

Edited by tigger

Interesting, thanks Chris.

I reckon at next winter's Test and Itchen fish-ins there'll be AN pins as far as the eye can see :D

But none as visable as mine :D;)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

The Witcher is 4inch wide drum (actually 4,1/8thX1,1/16th) the YBJ is 4,3/8thX7/8ths.C.
At that weight I had imagined they were quite a bit smaller than the AN centrepin, but there's not a lot of difference in size, the AN pin being 4.1/2" dia. At 265 gms it sits some where in the middle weight wise..my match aerial is about 290gms and I think the Adcock Stanton is over 300gms :o .Tigger, if Your Grey's Bewick is under 200 gms it must look almost skeletal, that is very light, they must of done some serious lightening on it....it must be great to use.
But none as visable as mine :D;) lyn
You haven't seen Richards yet!!!

Guest tigger
Tigger, if Your Grey's Bewick is under 200 gms it must look almost skeletal, that is very light, they must of done some serious lightening on it....it must be great to use.You haven't seen Richards yet!!!

I only read it on the net about the Greys being just over 4ounce so it may well be wrong. I haven't looked at mine to see if it does infact give you the weight in the box. After reading that I'm curious now as it does seem auwfully light. I'll try and weigh it if there's nothing in the box.

By the way Jigotai your pin looks like a corker and judging by all the comments made by people who've handled one it looks like you'll be machining for some time to come, well done m8 :clap::thumbs:

I only read it on the net about the Greys being just over 4ounce so it may well be wrong. I haven't looked at mine to see if it does infact give you the weight in the box. After reading that I'm curious now as it does seem auwfully light. I'll try and weigh it if there's nothing in the box.

By the way Jigotai your pin looks like a corker and judging by all the comments made by people who've handled one it looks like you'll be machining for some time to come, well done m8 :clap::thumbs:

Thanks Tigger, tbh I never imagined I'd get the sort of feedback I have had...it's been fantastic!

So, what do other multiple pin-owners do to justify their retention?

I have 3 'pins in regular use, as I got fed up with having to keep change the line to suit different venues when I only had one!

so now I carry 3, one loaded with 4lb mono, one loading with 8lb mono and one loaded with 6lb fireline.

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

You haven't seen Richards yet!!!

Yes its true, it is indeed a thing of beauty, but they've smashed the moulds so no-one else can have one the same! ;):P

I'm about to go and try it out!

Rich

Yes its true, it is indeed a thing of beauty, but they've smashed the moulds so no-one else can have one the same! ;):P

I'm about to go and try it out!

Rich

You were just jealous of my blue one so you wanted to be different too :P:lol::lol: I've seen a photo of yours, so I know what it looks like, cool :thumbs:

Mat, that is the beauty of the AN pin, you can get spare spools. I have one so that I can just change spools for grayling & chubbing etc instead of changing line all the time.

Roll on Monday

lyn

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!