www.petasucks.cc

Peter Waller

got to get one of those t-shirts - genius

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals :)

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

I cant believe how gullable some people are!

How do they know what happens have they ever seen a fish go straight back to food after being caught!

Dont they realise that without anglers there would be no environment in our water ways?

monkey boy that point has been made about hunting if it wasnt for hunting over the years we wouldnt have half the wild life habitats we have today and its true..........it doesnt seem to have worked for hunting..think on!

y.i.s

kanny

[ 14. March 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: KANNY ]

Another point, just how fish friendly is veganism.

Most of the land bordering rivers in the UK, is used as pastureland. If we stop 'exploiting animals' as PETA see it and so the land is nolonger viable as pasture, then farmers would have to find another use for it or bear the financial consequences.

What might that alternative use be? Presumably where possible, farmers would shift their land use to arable in which case the land would need better drainage and flood prevention, which would result in a massive loss of habitat.

The other alternative, particularly down here in the South East would be lots of applications for change of land use to development, some of which would get through.

Drink milk, eat meat, wear leather shoes and woolly jumpers and be proud of it, I say. And sorry about the edits, I really must check my posts make sense before I press the go button!

[ 15. March 2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Bill Eborn ]