Jungle Hooks

Elton

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but I received the following by email:

Coming soon on Discovery Home & Leisure: 'Jungle Hooks'

Jeremy Wade travels to the Amazon in search of the arapaima (pirarucu), reputedly the world's largest freshwater fish.

As well as some varied fishing, the series shows Amazon natural history, jungle survival techniques and footage of a plane crash shot from inside the plane.

Tune in on Friday 20 December at 9pm for all five episodes (to be shown consecutively).

For details of repeats see TV listings and website (below).

Single episodes will also be shown daily over Christmas week (at 4pm) on the main Discovery Channel.

Further details (from 20 December) on: www.homeandleisure.co.uk/junglehooks

See also: www.jeremywade.co.uk

"Nowhere else in fresh water is there a fish so large and sporting ...and yet this giant has hardly been tested on a rod." Leander J. McCormick, in

Game Fish of the World (1949)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Saw the first two episodes, very good, though not much fishing very informative and well presented, but the guy is mad, they actually film him in an aircraft as it crashes, he escaped unharmed, but you would give up then surely....I mean wouldn't you?????

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

How I envy the lengths that these guys go to to enjoy their fishing.

Me, If I went there, I'd be dead inside a week!

All the nasty creatures that will be sticking their probiscus's (probisci?) sipping their blood and coming back with all sorts of strange tropical deseases. A mosquito only has to look at me and I'm popping antihistomines. I've read of the ailments these poineers come back with and what with all the other nasty jungle creatures, I'd best stick to t' canal. Don't like big spiders either.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.