'Non jobs' gravy train rolls on for councils

Slack lines

Think you would ever see a French minister of state tooling round in a foreign built official motor?

Chirac had a Citroen C6 when he was president.

Sarkozy has a custom built Renault Vel Satis, the legendary "Sarkomobile"

French ministers of state have a choice of cars; they can have a Citroen C6, a Renault Vel Satis or a Peugeot 607.

Weren't there one or two posters on AN who were very critical of John Prescott for being twice as patriotic as Mr Pickles?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I think most of the criticism of two-jags was because at the time he was transport secretary and was trying to force everybody else out of their cars. I think one jag is sufficient ;)

I think most of the criticism of two-jags was because at the time he was transport secretary and was trying to force everybody else out of their cars. I think one jag is sufficient ;)
That bit was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. :P

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I think what's upsetting Eric Pickles is this bit

The fat git looks like he's not just riding the gravy train, he's eaten most of it.

Hello Colin, :)

For heaven's sake Colin I'm sat here pi**ing myself at you 'fat gitt' jibe. Mind you I think Eric's doing a good job, but I have to admit he's not very photogenic. <_<

Regards, :)

H.

Councils have recruited an army of climate change workers, equality officers, communications staff and other "non jobs", while cutting front line services.

The first survey of local authorities since the coalition came to power last May has found that town halls created more than 4,000 new posts during the period.

Despite the public sector being told to make sweeping cuts, councils have advertised for posts such as "woodfuel development officer", "new media staff" and "healthy workplace coordinators".

Last night Eric Pickles, the communities secretary, said the appointments were "self indulgent" and "irresponsible"................

Full article link below

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8...r-councils.html

Greetings Mr SL, :)

Yes - you're correct re. the councils creating non-jobs, yet another scandal. <_< You know, one thing has always amazed me, you must remember the recent MP's expenses scandal, what 'good reading & viewing' that lot made. I'm surprised the Daily Telegraph didn't go on & do an investigation into local authority expenses spending & other perks? I here suggest that the end result in terms of mis-use of public money would have made the MP's monetary rip-offs look trivial in comparison! <_<

Regards, :)

H.