Notice of RSSG Emergency General Meeting.

'eelfisher'

An important notice to ALL existing members of the RSSG.

The remaining Officers of the RSSG committee have held deliberations over

the past few days and have decided to hereby give notice of the calling of

an Emergency General Meeting of the membership of the RSSG.

The purpose of the EGM will be to discuss the dissolvement of the RSSG as an organisation/group.

Only members of the RSSG are entitled to attend this meeting and all members of the RSSG will be notified by Royal Mail in the very near future, via a letter from the RSSG Treasurer.

The meeting will take place on Saturday 2nd November 2002. The venue where the meeting is to be held is ‘The Bush’ Public House, Midland Road, Royston, Barnsley, South Yorkshire. This information will also be in the notification letter sent out to all RSSG members By Ian Jobling.

The meeting will start at 10.00am prompt and the only topic on the Agenda is

the dissolvement of the RSSG.

There is no provision within the Rules and Constitution of the RSSG to call

such a meeting but it is felt that it is only courteous to hold one.

Sandwiches, along with tea/coffee and biscuits will be available at

lunchtime. Unfortunately, the cost for these facilities, which will be a pre-paid £5.00 per person, which is required by return of post to Ian Jobling in order to entitle you to access to the refreshments. No monies will be accepted on the day. The reason for this up front payment is due to the RSSG funds being tied up at present due to the resignation of the Chairman, Ray Wood, who was one of two members whose signatures were needed to release monies from the RSSG funds, the other Officer being Mr. Ian Jobling, the RSSG's Treasurer.

Could all members wishing to attend please confirm this fact, in writing, to Ian Jobling, by return of post.

In the event of you not being able to attend this meeting, the remaining

Officers of the RSSG wish to thank you in advance for all your support of

the organisation/group.

An official RSSG statement will be issued after the meeting has been

concluded. It will be posted on both the ‘AnglersNet’ and ‘BFW’ angling Internet sites, the same sites that were used to announce to the angling arena the creation of the RSSG less than one year ago.

Issued on behalf of the remaining Officers of the RSSG committee.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crumbs it would be cheaper to go to the savoy ,tea and biscuits at £5 just to be told that your membership fees are lost :D:D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

crumbs it would be cheaper to go to the savoy ,tea and biscuits at £5 just to be told that your membership fees are lost   :D      :D

chesters, just to let you know that ALL money left goes to Great Ormand St Childrens Hospital.

As the membership renewal is due in January and it was only £3 to start with, I can't see anyone, well other than you, complaining about 50p of there fees going to such a worthy cause :rolleyes::P

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

TEN SHILLINGS that was a weeks wages in 1850 ,tell long dead victorians that and theyd spin in their graves (if they wern`t buried in a paupers mass grave ) because something goes to a charity does not make it worthy ,in a caring world there would be no need for charities the government would see the good they are doing and fund it ,give money to charities and you give the government the excuse to ignore them

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I spent some considerable time in Great Ormond Street when I was VERY young, and they saved my life.

If the RSSG is to be wound up then I for one will be very glad to see the money go to them.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

chesters1:

give money to charities and you give the government the excuse to ignore them

Turn up on Christmas morning with some presents for the kids. Doing it yourself is the only way to make sure your money is not waisted on new chairs, carpets and pot plants for the charities' office staff.

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

It is a great pity that the RSSG will be no more. I have no problems with monies remaining going to the charity mentioned. Although if I had a choice of charities to give money to then "Second Chance" or "Skylarks" would be my choice because they both deal with fishing.

Chesters for the government to afford to cover the cost of everything that charities do then Income Tax would go through the roof. Then, from what I have gleaned through lurking on here for a while, apparently that wouldn't bother you cos you don't pay any.

"Chesters for the government to afford to cover the cost of everything that charities do then Income Tax would go through the roof. Then, from what I have gleaned through lurking on here for a while, apparently that wouldn't bother you cos you don't pay any."

not if parliaments act was cleaned up

stop immigration NOW not 1 case is valid (the law says immigrants should "hand themselves" into the first "safe" country they come to ,were probably the last country in that list.

STOP supporting foreign aid ,very little reaches the people that need it most of it goes into the swiss bank accounts of the leaders.

make polititions accountable for their decisions if a project someone proposes (like the star system in our village cost £58,000 to implement ,it didnt work and is going to cost £30,000 to uninplement) fails then the money HAS to be payed back by the person and their managers IN FULL.it will teach them to think of the outcome of their decisions not just the ego boost of proposing it.

stop giving and stop writing off foreign dept ,if i or you took out a loan we would be expected to be able to afford it and to pay it back ,the lender would make sure we did.most of it forces the country to export goods just to pay the dept NOT to improve their own country.

there are more managers in the NHS than there are beds ,thin out the overpaid managers to provide nurses (most of them know more than the managers anyway)

here just a few ideas and theres hundreds more ,with the money saved it would fund all charities IN FULL.