New lake opening

p eye

Hi all, I have got Bob Nudd coming down on the 15 March to open our new 50 peg match lake. I was thinking of having some sort of angling match for charity as part of the opening but i need some inspiration! Any ideas on what sort of thing would go down well? I have a few ideas, fancy dress etc but i really want to do something different, see details on the lake at http://www.cobbleacrelakes.co.uk

many thanks

p eye

This is first i have heard of your lake and it sounds pretty good.

i'm mainly into pike fishing but i have wanted to target a few cats for some time, this also sounds like the pefect place to take my girlfriend as it would be nice for her to catch reasonabe size fish before i let her loose on the pike.

I have a few questions first though.

Does the cat lake get very full because it is about a 45 min drive to you and i dont fancy turning up and not being able to fish?

If i wish to bivvy up do i have to book?

Are the cats feeding this time of year?

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

• 8 years later...
Hi all, I have got Bob Nudd coming down on the 15 March to open our new 50 peg match lake. I was thinking of having some sort of angling match for charity as part of the opening but i need some inspiration! Any ideas on what sort of thing would go down well? I have a few ideas, fancy dress etc but i really want to do something different, see details on the lake at http://www.cobbleacrelakes.co.uk

many thanks

I know, you could sell raffle tickets to all visitors, proceeds to charity, winner takes? Perhaps wins a free day ticket to fish the lake. Also, ask a local fishing dignitary to offer to give the kids one lesson on the lake on the day for £10 per child??? Just a couple of suggestions!

Hope your day goes well! Oops, too late! But maybe have a 500 days since we officially opened day and do something different!

Edited by Little Roachess

Hope your day goes well! Oops, too late! But maybe have a 500 days since we officially opened day and do something different!

Or to be more precise 2,959 Days OR 422 Weeks and 5 Days :D - not that I was counting!

Maybe wait another 41 days and round it off to 3000 days since opening event! :)

Cheers,

Stooby....