Fishing in south east Kent

rickster

hi all new here, Im looking for some info on fishing in the south east kent area, im mainly into canals,lakes and rivers (not into the big carp scene) and ive tried most places around the Folkestone Dover deal areas and was hoping for some info on more places. Im a experianced angler so "hard waters" are not a problem for me but the locations must be quiet easy to reach on public transport.

cheers All

Rick

ps if you need advice on sea fishing or coarse fishing in the areas ive been to give us a shout as i been fishing in the same area for about 5 years now

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

rickster,

Do a search on the Royal Military Canal, with Angling as a keyword. You'll find a bit of info. Another one to do would be River Rother (extends up from Rye quite a way, with lots of fishing. If you have no luck, let us know. There are lots of Kent bods on here, I'm surprised none have helped alreay (I've been away for a couple of days)

In the mean time, I'll have a dig around and see what I can find.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Cinque ports AC (if they still exist) had the military canal from the hythe end and some easily reached lakes etc unfortunatly a fantastic pond with real wild carp i think has been lost to them it was called beechborough (sp?) near froghalt it was my favorite haunt for many a year 30 years ago :(:)

further away is the stour ,maidstone also has great fishing both the medway and mote park both easily available to trolly using anglers :)

[ 16. April 2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

thanks guys, i fish the military quite often (down there next week) and the stour (esp near canterbury behind the marlow theatre).I ve tried the rother but not to keen on it as i prefer the river bread and the river tillingham both 5 mins walk from the rother, Im going to check out maidstone tho, ill let you all know how i get on

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

The "no transport" comment is the difficult bit.

I,m not familiar with the public transport system around SE Kent.

The best bet is the local tackle shops, they will have all the information on day ticket and Club waters in their area.

Also the free "newspaper" that is in the tackle shops is full of advertisements and reports (South East Fisherman ???).

[ 16. April 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Cranfield ]

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield:

The "no transport" comment is the difficult bit.

I,m not familiar with the public transport system around SE Kent.

The best bet is the local tackle shops, they will have all the information on day ticket and Club waters in their area.

Also the free "newspaper" that is in the tackle shops is full of advertisements and reports (South East Fisherman ???).

The paper is the excellent Freshwater Informer, available at almost any tackle shop.

Otherwise I go along with Cranfield. Like him I can't help because of the transport difficulties.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I remember reading of a fish rescue (around 3 years or so ago, during a drought) that the EA carried out on a pond up on the Lees near Folkestone.

Apparently it was a popular fishing hole with those in the know. I guess that your local tackle shop could give more details of the exact location.

A few of us 'Kent bods' (some on here), get together to fish for mullet on the Medway. We mostly all come from a coarse fishing background, so there's a lot of knowledge in the group about the fishing around Kent, though this is more toward the Maidstone - Canturbury end of the county.

We get together in the Medway Towns, once a month for a pint (or two!), and a chat about fishing in general, and for the odd fish-in.

Drop me a line if you (or anyone else) want further details.

Tight Lines - leon

Medway Mullet Group

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/medway

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon Roskilly:

I remember reading of a fish rescue (around 3 years or so ago, during a drought) that the EA carried out on a pond up on the Lees near Folkestone.

I seem to recall this was the pond near the bottom of the cliffs at the Warren. Anyone know the current situation?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net