Girl wins right to use iPod in exams

Slack lines

My step-daughter has been told she can have a 'reader' to help her with the exam papers, as she is severely dyslexic, as is her mother.

Attention span is not, to my mind a valid issue. The student knows there's a job to be done. End of.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be worth doing if you could load the iPod with some useful revision, the actual answers would be even better.

I would call that "initiative". :thumbs:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

anything acoustic and a few songs by dire straits etc
Ye hid me worried furra wee whiley there Andy ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

remove the vocals and i probably could listen to that while im working. recently been listening to seasick steve to work by, gets you in the zone.
I am getting worried again, Connie Francis?

Youtube Video ->Original Video

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

To threaten a school with legal action, a school that we all pay for (It's compulsory Newt, it's not an insurance 'choice'), because a person that, with the best will in the world, may not be able to achieve success in fields that a non disabled person can is, in my opinion a complete cheek.

I completely agree but if I read the opening article correctly, that is not what was at issue. The mandate was for an accommodation that would allow a student to take an exam with the same chance of success the other students (who probably needed things quiet) had.

None of us know if this youngster would be able to find a decent job they could do successfully if they received an education but I think we all can agree that if they cannot complete an education, their chances will be much lower. A classroom exam structure that works against them just doesn't make much sense to me and a chance that someone will be able to work rather than spending life on the dole would seem to be a good thing for tax payers as well as the student.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President