Book Reviews.

peter mccue

Chaps,

I've been having a word with Elton recently about the possibility of having a seperate section for book reviews, instead of having them buried in amongst the tackle, bait reviews etc.

The upshot is, that Elton seems quite keen on the idea providing enough interest is shown. I've always felt more people would read books if they could get a clearer idea of the book from a good honest review.

I know we all have different opinions on our reading tastes, but generally a good book is a good book & this tends to shine through no matter what your preference.

Though I haven't done so yet, but will be!! why not add a review of your favourite book to the review section, even if it's already been done it's always good to get a second opinion.

An advantage is that it will hopefully expose us all to books we might not otherwise know about.

I haven't seen any stand alone book reviews on other sites, but maybe you have. If it's as rare as I think, this could help increase A/N's site appeal.

So how about posting your support in this thread to give Elton an idea of it's appeal.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Definately....Go for it Elton!

Paul

Nice to see such enthusiasm.

This really is one of those sections that, with all the good will in the world, couldn't be built by one person. We can do the back end work here, but the words need to be by people who have read the books. i.e. you :)

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I can't remember exactly but I thought fishingwarehouse had separate book reviews - whatever I think it is a good idea. I wrote a couple for that site a couple of years back so there's no reason why they can't go on here as well.

Rob.

Rob,

Just had a look at f/warehouse & it has the same setup as most of the others. The book reviews are in amongst tackle, bait & other sundry items. To my thinking it's out of sight, out of mind & it's reflected by the amount of books reviewed.

Anglersnet has an opportunity here to make a small, but distinctive difference, between itself & other sites. However, as Elton says, its up to us to show support for the idea & ideally put some reviews in.

Mind, if you don't fancy putting a review in but support the idea, then this the thread to say so!! :D:D

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.