Why?

leedsunited

Why don't my fishing trips seem to be as peaceful or tranquil as the ones Bob James and Chris Yates have ? It looks so picture-esque and fun. Although my fishing trips are fun most of the time,i don't know, i just get tired of not getting the full enjoyment out of fishing .

Does anyone feel like this ?

When you watch a passion for angling it seems so much fun but when it comes down to it i have half the fun Bob and Chris look like they are having .

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you're an angry young man and you haven't discovered the joys of herbal tea.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Steve Walker:

Steve Walker:

Because you're an angry young man and you haven't discovered the joys of herbal tea.

Herbal something, anyway.
Hehe...about right.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

i'm quite amused that you seem to feel that you not enjoying your fishing as much as you should is not only someone elses fault, but also something other people can help you with.

go fishing, enjoy it, if you don't enjoy it, don't go fishing.... simple..... why don't you buy a bike and go out winding up motorists instead????

leedsunited:

Why don't my fishing trips seem to be as peaceful or tranquil as the ones Bob James and Chris Yates have ? It looks so picture-esque and fun. Although my fishing trips are fun most of the time,i don't know, i just get tired of not getting the full enjoyment out of fishing .

Does anyone feel like this ?

When you watch a passion for angling it seems so much fun but when it comes down to it i have half the fun Bob and Chris look like they are having .

Perhaps your choice of venue?

who's taken anything too far? if you're not enjoying fishing, either change your style / location or stop fishing............

Passion for angling is certainly my favourite video and probably deserves its accolade of the best ever made... however, it isn't a typical fishing session recorded on film, its a carefully and skillfully crafted piece of film-making involving some angling. It surely wasn't all as much fun as it appears.

I suppose it helped that the main 'characters' were good friends and if you read the accompanying book you will discover that they did have extraordinary bits of good luck whilst filming, which helps with the 'magic' of it all.

It all depends on why you go fishing as to whether your enjoyment is maximised.

If you go simply to catch bigger 'n better each time, you'll probably have many disappointing days, if you enjoy the simple pleasure of just being there you are likely to be more easily satisfied, most people fall somewhere between these two positions... where are you?

I've had some appalling days fishing but come home captivated by the experience of some unusual event during the day and that stays in the memory long after the poor fishing has faded.

Gradually as you get older your memory log will build until you begin to look back with nostalgic feelings at those 'passion' style halcyon days of long ago, and you will find yourself turning into a grumpy old bugger like the rest of us.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates