Carp / tench fishing around Northampton area?

MotherHen

Hey, just decided to sign up and see what people reckon are some of the best + most productive carp / tench venues in the Northampton area. I live in Towcester so the closer the better! Been to Heyford fishery quite a bit aswell as Gayton Wood Farm. Heard about Canons Ashby fishery but haven't been so any help is appreciated. Would be looking for day ticket venues where I could spend a day catching with the chance of something big. Always had a part of me that loves catfishing so if they're in there then even better! Thanks :)

Hey, just decided to sign up and see what people reckon are some of the best + most productive carp / tench venues in the Northampton area. I live in Towcester so the closer the better! Been to Heyford fishery quite a bit aswell as Gayton Wood Farm. Heard about Canons Ashby fishery but haven't been so any help is appreciated. Would be looking for day ticket venues where I could spend a day catching with the chance of something big. Always had a part of me that loves catfishing so if they're in there then even better! Thanks :)

Sywell Reservoir is famous for its Tench fishing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Try Castle Ashby, plenty of Tench and Carp to go after and it's a reasonably priced day ticket water

Our chief weapon is surprise

Thanks for the replies.

Castle Ashby is quite a way from where I live really but I might give it a go one day :)

Billing Aquadrome is quite a way aswell and haven't been there in years but its a possibility :P

I've scoured fishinginnorthamptonshire.com multiple times for somewhere ideal as well lol.

Might visit Sywell Reservoir when I get the chance :) Thankyou

hi motherhen welcome there is a place at shutlanger cant remember what its called. its 3or 4 ponds/lakes they all contain carp tench crucian ect it used to be a fish farm and stocks are plentiful good luck!

hi motherhen welcome there is a place at shutlanger cant remember what its called. its 3or 4 ponds/lakes they all contain carp tench crucian ect it used to be a fish farm and stocks are plentiful good luck!

Hey, yeah I believe this is monastery farm, went there once a few years ago and haven't been there since. Know if its any good mate?

Hey, yeah I believe this is monastery farm, went there once a few years ago and haven't been there since. Know if its any good mate?

is it good is a hard one to answer! i would rather sit there than go shopping BUT it is a fishery with heavy stocks of fish mainly carp and being lakes has no flow so i would say yes and also no

is it good is a hard one to answer! i would rather sit there than go shopping BUT it is a fishery with heavy stocks of fish mainly carp and being lakes has no flow so i would say yes and also no

I take it you're more of a river fisher then?!

Any tips on methods or baits? :)