Whats happening at the ACA ?

Cranfield

''Precisely!''

"bruno I’m surprised at such a leading comment especially from someone who is a consultant for the ACA.

Notable people have already voiced their concerns at the trivial nature of this enquiry.

You have taken a someone else’s post and endorsed it. It seems that you are suggesting that you know more than we do about the reasons for the suspension! How can that be if the ACA are keeping this matter confidential?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PeterK - I dunno what you read from the original comment and from the part that Bruno quoted but

Until their internal investigations are complete the ACA can hardly go public.

That statement is reasonable regardless of what person/organization/group name you use - ACA or any other.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

PeterK:

''Precisely!''

"bruno I’m surprised at such a leading comment especially from someone who is a consultant for the ACA.

That's not a leading comment- it's a statement of the obvious!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Newt,

As you have chosen to pull out just a small part of the post and claimed it to be obvious. I'll pull out just a small part and claim it to be leading :-

''everyone is jumping to the defence of the James. But perhaps there is good reason for the suspension''

That was endorsed by a man who is a consultant for the ACA and who knows those left at the office.

Also the ACA have made the suspension very public which seems to be to the detriment of Bob and Jane. I found this post on the fishinmagic site :-

''Hellow in the UK from NZ anglers down under.

We have been watching the topic with baited breath and all it is is a great big yawn.

ACA from experience here would appear to have no case or they would most certainly have released details by now to the media and Bob & Jane charged with something.

To our mind ACA are flying a kite hoping that someone will deliver the goods to proceed.

So we suggest to the ACA executive that they put up or shut up. There has been more than enough time to come up with the goods if there are any goods at all.

To the ACA we say, that you have no case or it would be in the public arena by now.

ACA: Fess'up ,you have nothing so pay up and stop stuffing up good peoples lives.''

Brian Crawford,

That is why an AGM is needed.

I spoke with Neil leaver last night and he has been overwhelmed with support for the EGM.

It looks like he needs to find a room big enough for around 200 not just 50. That's impressive considering that most members still don't know about this problem.

I am not sure about the quote from the NZ anglers taht the time it is taking means there is no case to answer. from my experience of suspending staff and investigating complaints i know that due to the amount of complicated legal issues surronding staff employment rights, careful considered and examination must be gone through and that takes, time unfortunatly.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Peter Martin:

I am not sure about the quote from the NZ anglers taht the time it is taking means there is no case to answer. from my experience of suspending staff and investigating complaints i know that due to the amount of complicated legal issues surronding staff employment rights, careful considered and examination must be gone through and that takes, time unfortunatly.

Earlier in this thread, it says that Mrs james is signed off due to ill-health. The ACA as her employer would be savaged by any tribunal for dragging her back into work when her doctor has said she is unfit to work.

Furthermore, just how appropriate is it that members and non-members alike should be privy to a matter between employee / employer?

As a members' organisation, woud the membership not be best served by the management of the ACA to be made aware of the outcome at an appropriate time (e.g when the investigations are concluded)?

OK, I understand the public taste for the salacious, but if the members and inevitably non-members are made aware of something that is effectively sub-judice it compromises the position of both parties to the detriment of the membership.

No doubt Mr and Mrs James and their employers would have made the issue more public had it been in their respective interests to do so.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Brian Crawford,

That is why an AGM is needed.

Exactly - but who will run it?

Fred French MBE, - ACA Committee Vice-Chairman, resigned October 2003 because he was refused access to financial accounts.

Alex Armstrong - replacing Fred as Vice-Chairman has also resigned.

Dick Hodges, ACA Committee Chairman has resigned.

Terry Mansbridge, (NAFAC Chairman) and ACA Committee member has resigned.

Alan Williams, ACA Committee has resigned.

But of course, ALL ACA members knew this - didn't they?????

Brian

Please help conserve the European Freshwater eel

- return all eels alive to the water.

- Join the European Eel Anglers Association