What planet does this women live on

JackPike

Someone decides to make a comment about canal anglers, and many others assume that's what it's about, and go on to decry a section of angling, that's different to theirs.

Sad, isn't it? Anglers are their own worst enemies. I think a little understanding of the historical cultural and social background of match angling would go a long way.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are 2 types of canal anglers

1. the ones who have no idea how to fish, liter, destroy the area with vandalism, shout abuse and just dont give a damn

2. me. considerate of other anglers space and swim, considerate of pedestrians, clylists, picknickers.

no self respecting angler would wear high vis jackets unless out at sea, liter, be inconsiderate of others

its the same outside of angling you get civilians who act exactly the same way and bring down everyone else around them by standing out more which is why when eople think of anything its always the worst

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

there are 2 types of canal anglers

1. the ones who have no idea how to fish, liter, destroy the area with vandalism, shout abuse and just dont give a damn

2. me. considerate of other anglers space and swim, considerate of pedestrians, clylists, picknickers.

no self respecting angler would wear high vis jackets unless out at sea, liter, be inconsiderate of others

its the same outside of angling you get civilians who act exactly the same way and bring down everyone else around them by standing out more which is why when eople think of anything its always the worst

That's a bit presumptuous isn't it Andy?

Just you that's OK, and the rest of us are vandals, and abusive numpties. :o

You're the only one to mention 'Hi Viz' jackets. But seeing as it happened on the Mersey Estuary, a 'Hi Viz' jacket might not be a bad idea anyway.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Up till now Ive not bothered comenting as I cant remember the details of the origonal post or get the link to work! Both strange and sad how some seem to have made up their own version!

I presume that the origonal article the lady was complaining about litter from anglers,that seems pretty obvious but its our members who seem to have added the rest!

Biggest problem I see with the litter issue is that it doesnt matter (to general public etc) about the thousands of anglers who take their rubbish (and often any they find as well) home because its simply not seen! all it takes is the one or two who do leave it as this is the evidence and therefore correctly blamed on "anglers" aint hard is it?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

That's a bit presumptuous isn't it Andy?

Just you that's OK, and the rest of us are vandals, and abusive numpties. :o

You're the only one to mention 'Hi Viz' jackets. But seeing as it happened on the Mersey Estuary, a 'Hi Viz' jacket might not be a bad idea anyway.

John.

yup the rest of you excluding myself are a bunch of unruley old farts. all joking aside its become some what the truth in regards to my local canal anyway, not sure about the rest of the country

Up till now Ive not bothered comenting as I cant remember the details of the origonal post or get the link to work! Both strange and sad how some seem to have made up their own version!

I presume that the origonal article the lady was complaining about litter from anglers,that seems pretty obvious but its our members who seem to have added the rest!

Biggest problem I see with the litter issue is that it doesnt matter (to general public etc) about the thousands of anglers who take their rubbish (and often any they find as well) home because its simply not seen! all it takes is the one or two who do leave it as this is the evidence and therefore correctly blamed on "anglers" aint hard is it?

im only talking about what the rest are talking about, no idea what the article is about as i cant read it.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

im only talking about what the rest are talking about, no idea what the article is about as i cant read it.

Yer I'm the same, can't get the link to work but would have loved to have read the original article.

Dan.

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.