What planet does this women live on

JackPike

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just think very carefully, she could be right. After all she say's shes not anti-angling, shes just against some of the things anglers do, we all complain about litter.

[ 09. February 2004, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

I couldn,t disagree with a word she said.

Definitely not, anti-angling.

Trying to walk along our local canal on a Sunday morning is an obstacle race.

I,m an angler and object to people setting up with their rod pods ,or pole rollers over the footpath.

Some Anglers are often their own worst enemy.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Mate of mine *always* complains about this! Says local tow path is impossible to ride along.

Apparently you need some sort of permit to ride on towpaths (I'm a keen cyclist but based in Scotland so don't know about down south) - well basically he's got one and is sick of arguments with anglers who obstruct the path!!!

Have to sympathise. Amount of litter and junk left around popular lochs here is a disgrace.

You dont need a permit now on the canals to cycle

but in some places it is not allowed for safety reasons i.e towpath width.It states on BWW site that cyclists must give way to walkers and fishermen.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

I dont see how anyone can argue with her. I fish on the lower walk at Blackpool and yes I do take my car down their but ALL cars that go there park over towards the cliffs side so that emergency vehicles can get past, as you can imagine we have hundreds of cyclists along the lower walk and because the cars are parked properly there is no problem. I do take my litter home but there is an awfull lot who dont. I dont care what you say there is NO EXCUSE for doing so. There is NOTHING that weighs more going home than it did on the way to the session (except the bag with fish in it :D ) We, as anglers constantly shoot ourselves in the foot!

There's a difference between 'giving way to fishermen' and being unable to cycle at all because the towpath is completely blocked by boxes, poles etc., and then being abised when you ask someone to let you by!!!