How low can you get!

corydoras

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is the ideal time for the government to introduce new laws to bring the Uk press into line with laws in continental Europe.

Make it a criminal offence to KNOWINGLY print stories, which they know to be untrue.

Coming under criminal law rather than civil, would bring recourse to many who otherwise cannot afford legal procedure.

It would also turn the comics into newspapers again, that or go under.

Now is the ideal time for the government to introduce new laws to bring the Uk press into line with laws in continental Europe.

Make it a criminal offence to KNOWINGLY print stories, which they know to be untrue.

Coming under criminal law rather than civil, would bring recourse to many who otherwise cannot afford legal procedure.

It would also turn the comics into newspapers again, that or go under.

The relationship between the papers and politicians is such, that they rely on each other too much.

A paper can make or break a politician, or scupper a parties chances in an election. I can't see there being a big change in this, until the electorate judge politics more on policy, and actions, and less on 'celebrity'.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Was it hacking, or was it info bought for cash from the mobile networks? Most companies' security is fairly robust in the UK, but outside?

I've been aware of journo's and 'friends' asking for info in the past. I'm pleased to say I'm aware enough not to deal with them.

When they sense that as far as I'm concerned they have a credibility deficit, they usually drop the call very quickly.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The relationship between the papers and politicians is such, that they rely on each other too much.

A paper can make or break a politician, or scupper a parties chances in an election. I can't see there being a big change in this, until the electorate judge politics more on policy, and actions, and less on 'celebrity'.

John.

good point John. the reputation of the British press, which was already pretty much at zero from the perspective of continental Europe, really is at gutter level. which is its rightful place.

good point John. the reputation of the British press, which was already pretty much at zero from the perspective of continental Europe, really is at gutter level. which is its rightful place.
It gets lower.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14052909

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote