Caution In Manchester

Elton

quote:

just a message to anglers if fishing on debdale park gorton manchester be very careful because on saturday morning me and my mate was attacked by 5 lads one with a gun they beat me with the gun and stole my scooter. i was wondering if you could put a message in your magazine thank you

b m pearson

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

quote:

Originally posted by Elton:

quote:

just a message to anglers if fishing on debdale park gorton manchester be very careful because on saturday morning me and my mate was attacked by 5 lads one with a gun they beat me with the gun and stole my scooter. i was wondering if you could put a message in your magazine thank you

b m pearson

Well, it is known as Gunchester :mad:

DG

If the above story is true, its very sad news indeed. :( The Park group (Friends of Debdale Park) have worked hard to bring the park and the 2 large reservoirs back into usage for the general public.

The area that surrounds the park is one of the most deprived areas in Manchester. It is in fact the 8th most deprived ward in the City and is in serious need of regeneration money to redress the spiral of decline it has and continues to suffer.

That said, the area is IMO being punished by the ruling group (Labour) for consistently returning 3 Lib Dem councillors. Resulting in the area and the park being staved of money and resources. Totally scandalous and shameful! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Some months ago they commissioned me to write an ecological report that encompassed increased angling usage on the reservoirs. The 2 reservoirs have huge potential as fisheries and already hold some good fish. Pike to upper 20s perch to 3lb+ tench & bream to 8lb+ and very big roach. My first 2lb roach came from the bottom reservoir in the early 80s. :)

Clearly such news as this, will undo and setback the work done by the park group.

I’ll check with members of the group for an update on this situation. I just hope they caught the thieving B*****ds and have charge them with armed robbery.

phil h.

The Diamond Geezer:

quote:

Originally posted by Elton:

quote:

b m pearson  

Well, it is known as Gunchester   :mad:  

DG

And to celebrate this infamy, Manchester City Council are going to erect a 170 ft sculpture to symbolising a gun going off (To be known as B of the Bang) at the front of M/C City’s new stadium. I kid you not!

What a load of half-witted prats make up that ruling group and Council!

phil h.

Interestingly enough my wife had to go there to take a class a few weeks ago. She saw her first lady of the evening. I'm sure this draws the finest people to DT Manchester. Hope they catch the little b*******S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...