You southerners don't know how lucky you are

phil dean

phil dean:

Yes it looks naff, and the skyline could do with some hills, but the fishing is fantastic.

Hills! Hills! what do want hills for? Great sunsets without them plus it stays lighter longer. Also no hills means, easy walking, cycling, less wear and tear on the car, rivers are slower and by the sounds of it the fishing is better.

The only good thing about hills is they divert the draught a bit. It can feel like Siberia out in them thar fens.

Colin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phil dean:

Newt, that's appalling, ....

phil - I sorta figured you city folks who have to fish near other people but not near an outhouse had to do something.

And the rig I posted does work. Easiest to just stand up, let er rip, shake your leg a couple of times, then sit down somewhere, unhook and empty the bottle.

It's an old trick we used for male hospital patients who could walk around but didn't have good bladder control for one reason or another. And this rig won't cause infection or discomfort like the internal ones can. I just adapted it a tiny bit for anglers.

For myself, I only fish places where either I have lots of wooded area or real tall grass near me or if in a boat, where I can be out of sight of people but lots fewer people where I am.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Dear Alan,

Lancashire God's country!??

Its not you know. Everyone knows that God lives in Essex. Or Surrey....Or Hampshire.

The Lincs and Cambs drain systems are teeming with fish. So much so that on occasion, it takes minutes for the bream shoals to pass by. And guess what? Not an angler for miles on the vast majority of them!!

Has anyone told the match anglers that the Zander did'nt actually eat everything in sight after all?

And can someone inform the Trent Valley cormorants that there is richer pickings around Boston. Where ever that is.

Regards,

Lee.

quote:

The Lincs and Cambs drain systems are teeming with fish. So much so that on occasion, it takes minutes for the bream shoals to pass by.

Sorry fella but give me wild Brownies at 3 to the pound on a spate river in my adopted Yorkshire anyday........ :)

Paul

Now Lee, you can insult Lancashire all you want, but bringing Yorkshire in is just not playing fair.......btw spate rivers are ones that go up and down in the same day and don't have locks in them......i'll show you one someday :D

but as far as course fishing goes, the fishing certainly appears better in the dull seemingly lifeless waters that in the past I've just ignored. Boy have I missed some sport.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY