Bennets of Sheffield (bosfish)

prez

prez:

Thinking of buying from this place but the website seems a bit funny as in not too secure looking.

Anyone had problems shopping online from them? Prompt delivery? How's the service? Etc...

Ta

I had alot of my gear nicked and my insurance claim was through Bos Fish. They where OK, but i had to wait for ages for some of the stuff. I have ordered other items from them and they have been OK, but there are much better as Bos Fish are expensive. Try the following sites: -

http://www.carpcabinsheffield.co.uk/tackle/index2.htm

http://www.poingdestres.co.uk/

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers

Jon

Hello,

I have ordered from BOS in the past and didn't have too many problems. However, you can get better deals. I bought my Medusa Pole from Nathans of Derby who are, no surprises here, based in Derby. I don't have the number to hand, but Directory Enquiries will have. I found nathans to be VERY helpful, VERY friendly, prices competitive, and an all round very good service. I would recommend them. As i didn't know which pole I wanted to buy (choice of 2) they sent me BOTH and I'd only paid for one !!

:P

prez:

Thinking of buying from this place but the website seems a bit funny as in not too secure looking.

Anyone had problems shopping online from them? Prompt delivery? Nope!How's the service? slow!!! :mad:

not the cheapest either If they were cheaper, I might be prepared to wait but ...

DG

i am fortunate that i live in the area so whenever i go to sheffield i usually pop into bennetts :D so i never bought anything from them over the internet from them but i find them very helpful when i go to the shop so if you are in the area then go to the shop instead.

[ 24. February 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: craig mason ]

john wilson is god

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Prez

Don't know what you're looking to buy but read this thread and see if they can help you. In general BOS are pretty bad at customer service and pretty poor on price.

Sorry for the earlier truncated post, I hit the wrong button and then didn't have electricity to get back on-line. (I live on an island where we rely on wind power, and this afternoon the wind just died away.)

[ 24. February 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: NickInTheNorth ]

NickInTheNorth:

Hi Prez

Don't know what you're looking to buy but read this thread,

LOL! You keeping it close to your chest, Nick? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

never ordered online from bennets but they're not very helpful in the shop, seem quite arrogant, i live in sheffield and i always use billy clarkes, their website is http://www.billy-clarke.co.uk prices are always competative and if you give them a ring they'll match or beat anyone elses price. plus they really know their stuff, a proper tackle shop, not some fly by night cheapo merchant!