Help wanted: Mustad 77610 Black Snap Links

Andrew Burgess

I have been trying to obtain a certain type of snap link which I do used in my piking but my locals tackle shops :( seem to run the American type snap link :( here in the united kingdom.

Does anyone knows a good supply in the bigger sizes and a mail order of the Mustad 77160 Black Snap Link as shown here

Posted Image

Any help would be appreciate. :):):)

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Your best bet might be http://www.mustad.no/products/other/swivels.php and send them an email.

I really can't tell from their site what size the various numbers are though.

Posted Image

If no luck, how about this one that is strong, similar to the Mustad one, and readily available? I've caught some decent fish to over 40lbs on them and never had one give up on me. I know they say 'bass' but the larger ones are massive overkill for those fish.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Andrew, http://www.veals.co.uk have that design of snaplink, just not sure whether they are Mustad. worth a call tho'

This is what I use for all of my piking, its a double action Staylok from Dave Lumb at http://www.dlst.co.uk. Absolutely unique and safe as houses.

Posted Image

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

those links look very good ,i take it the sprung part goes through what may be an eye and tucks behind the main wire bit (its not very clear),i have found the other one at the top of the page very occasionally comes apart and even my favourite (at the moment but that may change now i'v seen that new one) with the 2 "u" shaped wires also are not 100 %.

[ 12. December 2004, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Exactly chesters1 and they never come completely apart. If the link was to somehow fail, then the hooked part of the arm catches on the eye and the link remains closed. Having said that I've never had one fail. They can be a bit of a bugger to operate with very wet cold hands but well worth the effort. Been using them for two years and have ditched all of the other designs. The black paint chips a bit after constant use but they dont rust or rot.

[ 12. December 2004, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

the link to the super new link link seems to go to a domain hoster thingy :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson