Day Shelters and Overwrap = Severe condensation?

SpecimenSean

Ive bought the overwrap for my Chub S Plus shelter as a short stay alternative to the bivvy so that i can get it in a quiver. I put it up, yea great but this evening got home from work and checked up and it was literally dripping inside with condensation in the door area. Has anyone ever used a system like this and had similar problems?

gone

You will get condensation on any single skin tent/ overwrap unless it has some special liner in it.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

that would explain why it was only in the door area then and not in the actual shelter part.

any tips for combating condensation?

OR

does anyone know if a JRC STI X-Lite bivvy will fit in a jrc quiver? :D

Edited by SpecimenSean

gone

that would explain why it was only in the door area then and not in the actual shelter part.

any tips for combating condensation?

OR

Hi Sean

I get the same thing with my Trakker A-Lite. The shelter itself is open at the front, it's only the overwrap that has a door/front. So that part does get condensation on the inside. It is annoying but I don't think there's anything you can do. Any part that has a double skin will stay condensation-free.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Sean you are not seriously letting your choice of shelter be dictated by the size of your quiver? :rolleyes:

I havnt got the X-Lite version but do have an STi Brolly. I have many different quivers and it fits in them all.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Sean,

You don't need me on this thread. I once steamed up the windows in the back of a small lorry. Been 60 year or more, believe her name was Lois.

On topic, a friend, camping friend, uses a small battery operated fan that last 12 hrs on one battery. Helps some he says. It's not much bigger than a nice plum.

Phone

Only suggestion I can make is take an umbrella instead of a day shelter or simple take nothing but waterproofs and tough it out, you will get used to it eventually honest.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God