US Tench

Newt

Thought you folks might get a chuckle out of this bit of mis-information. The fish are real but the information about them is - somewhat wrong.

http://www.anr.state.vt.us/champ/nuissum.htm#tench

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hmm ...

1) I have never eaten a tench lol

2) Cant see how they are a nuisance

2) Cloud up water hey ... better tell that to the gin clear gravel pits they come out of somthing is wrong :D

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

There's a lake I've fished in Kent near a village where the local lads help themselves to a couple of tench for their tea.

Lads from the village have been doing it for generations, along with the occasional visit from 'travellers', even so the tench fishing is still prolific.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Newt, how many other species of fish have you heard of that are in the USA that were thought to be only in Europe? Crazy question I know, but this has me wondering!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

i know of a tench eating fiesta that is in extremadura, spain. it lasts the best part of a week, and thousands of kilos are deep fried and eaten. there are many fish farms in this region that specialize in growing tench on for stocking, in some cases, or more frequently, for consumption.

cheers dave. :)