Reminiscing

Renrag39

I could go fishing every week if I was prepared to fish an overstocked commercial, (that's all I have locally).....

Are there no rivers within easy reach of you John?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Are there no rivers within easy reach of you John?

The river Aire runs through Leeds, and I used to fish it regularly. Good catches of roach, bream, chub, perch and the odd carp in the main river, plus tench, rudd, and the odd pike in the old barge yards. But now it's nearly all built up, and angling is either not allowed, or only available on a very limited amount of bank. When the riverside land became worth around £1,000,000 per acre, the first to appear were "desirable riverside apartments", ( known locally as the 'yuppie' flats). Then all the trimmings with 'upmarket' shops, sushi bars, bistros, etc, came next. Then the "riverside walks" and the Royal Armouries took over some of the best fishing spots. I posted photos of it some time ago.

It's a gamble whether you can find somewhere to fish, if you decide to go down, and the constant walkers/dog walkers/cyclists/joggers, make it less of an enjoyable experience.

A lot depends on how I am, as to whether I can travel any distance, it varies from day to day.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I suspect it's a consequence of the season. Summer is drawing to a close, nights are drawing in and we're all starting to look back rather than forward.

I'm not looking back just yet, the next few weeks have probably proven to been the most productive for me in years gone by.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

At least you've all been able to get nostalgic about your fishing expeditions-I haven't been able to go fishing at all since I got all my gear only to have arranged a trip to the A&E! I'd love to be gazing at the morning mist on a slow pond, setting up my first rig ready to catch that elusive monster they all talk about lives in the darkest depths of the cool blue-black wet stuff, and scooping up a handful of wriggling pinkies for a catapult journey into the mouths of awaiting opportunists, or even reacting like a coiled spring to my indicator bite alarm in anticipation of record carp! Does waxing lyrical come into your nostalgia catagory, I wonder?

LR

I'm not looking back just yet, the next few weeks have probably proven to been the most productive for me in years gone by.

Same here. As far as I'm concerned, the season is now just about to start :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Same here. As far as I'm concerned, the season is now just about to start :)

Same as! even though Ive nearly accepted that I will be limited to less than a dozen trips if I'm lucky I'm really looking forward to my Autumn fishing then the piking! I love fishing at all times of year so for me the seasons changing are more about anticipation than reminiscing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!