Sick of Blanking

macca29

Went fishing yesterday,first time this season and it was the same as the last time last season. Another blank!! Its now getting to me and my mate, who has also blanked on the last two times. We are looking for a new spot to go to. Can anyone help??

We are in West Essex and can travel for about 2 hours.

If anyone has any idea where we can try it would be helpfull. Can details of fees etc be passed on to

Cheers

Hmmm..barbel and chub from West Essex,does that mean you were fishing the River Lea?

I used to find the Lea a very slow starter for barbel when I fished it,chub should be catchable now though.

One of the best methods for Chub on there in warmer weather is to fish for them like you would fish for bleak,18 hook maybe a No 4 shot and nothing else on the line,loose feed maggot until you see the chub taking them and then just flick out your maggot and watch until it disappears,when you can't see it, it normally means a chub has taken it.

Yesterday was a little strange weatherwise anyway,I was fishing a lake which holds a lot of voracious rudd(among other things) and yet when I arrived there was a slice of bread in the edge which was still there when I left.Normally the rudd would eat that within 5 mins at the most.The carp didn't start feeding until 9.30 pm,by which time the thunder and lightning was only a couple of miles away.I caught one and decided to pack,just in time as it happened, cos it tipped it down after that.

Try travelling north and joining Sudbury AC

They have loads of streches of the Suffolk Stour.

They also have alot of stillwaters in The north Essex , south suffolk area.

Ajp

I went for a session saturday evening.

There were no rudd in sight.

Maybe they are spawning.

I struggled for a bite using maggots and a 3bb waggler!!!!!

All I caught were a few skimmers and perch.

A few tench were caught by other anglers at around 9.30pm

As we all have to be off the water by 10pm (unless all night fishing) it was a poor evening by a long shot.

normally we can expect a good mixed bay of 10-20lb in a few hours fishing.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Right I' going to give u my top tip for chub fishing in west essex. 1. don't bother with the lea. there are some monsters but they can be few and far between. 2. try the River stort espc. any side streams which are shallow and clear, 3 stalk with worms bread or sweet corn actually corn is the best as worms give u too many perch.The fact that the stort fishes better than the lea is a badly kept secret. However, there are very few, if any Barbel, but if youy are sick of blanking and want some chub try it there.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers for the helps fellas.

As regards to the Stort, is it day tickets, if so where from?Or collect on the bank?

I often travel to the Upper Thames where we have had some luck, but need somewhere local to try.

Thanks again

From pardon lock up to Bishop stortford it is day ticket from the various clubs. Stort valley angling society (my club) issue day tickets, but a season will only set you back 25 pounds and you can buy it from Harlow angling centre.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/