Maggot Farm

bails

Has anyone ever visited one? I visited one today and I have never seen anything like it in my life...I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it is one nasty job.

Well done to those who work there. I hope you earn a lot.

I've always been curious what they are like, i read a book once where a murdering gang lord was killing off his rivals, chopping the body and putting it in with the maggots on a maggot farm that was one of his many businesses, interesting read.

Bet it gave you an appetite though, tagliatelle or prawns or something? ;)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Nah, Rice...

Absolutely minging places aren't they!

Renrag

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Has anyone ever visited one? I visited one today and I have never seen anything like it in my life...I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it is one nasty job.

Well done to those who work there. I hope you earn a lot.

Just a question: Does anybody have a photo of such farm?

If anyone has please send it to me.

Shouldn't of watched that right before going down to tea

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

I used to work in one when I was a teenager 13-15 in the school holidays. It was located next to a knackers yard.

When you get used to smell you really don't notice it. Takes 3-4 days then you're fine.

I got paid £2.80 an hour working upto 10 hours a day. I had as much free bait as I wanted.

I used to go fishing with at least a gallon [8 pints] of maggots every trip. :fishing:

The only downside is that if the building is not properly ventilated it can cause you respiratory problems, until you regain fresh air.

Not want to have a 'who had the worst job' competition, but my first job as a teenager was at morrisons 96p an :angry:

That said I take my hat off to you, I think I'd still have stuck with my 96p!