Newt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scoobs11:

newt i only shoot rabbits on our golf driving range and i dont do it to eat them.

Yeah its the dogs job to eat them (& then "regurgitate" them in the office LOL :D

Personally i can't see the use of going shooting/hunting if you ain't eating what you kill?

ps Barnese, rats ok but you need at least four to make a decent buttie.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

• 6 years later...
Around 10am (birds had mostly found a place to feed and weren't flying), the camo covering was packed away, shotguns exchanged for rods, and in the water with the trolling motor on most of the boats.

Strange how ducks in the US feed by day and, I assume, roost by night. Over here it is the opposite way around.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Newt, rabbits and wood pigeons are classed as vermin here. Both make excellent eating. Braised breast of pigeon with No.7 shot stuffing magic.

Woodpigeons can only be shot under General license, which means whilst protecting a crop.

In the new year, Herring Gulls and Greater Blackbacks will receive full protection.

Someone has been listening to 'expert advice' again!!!!!!!!

In the new year, Herring Gulls and Greater Blackbacks will receive full protection.

Someone has been listening to 'expert advice' again!!!!!!!!

Herring Gulls (UK subspecies Larus argentatus argenteus) numbers have declined by over 50% in 40 years. Hence the protection. IUCN database amber to red. Currently they receive full protection status but are included under certain General licences whereby approved controllers can cull/manage them. If they are removed from all or some of the general licences then any specific colonies that are shown to have nuisance/health and safety problems will still be managed/culled by individual licence granted to a suitable professional.

Greater Black-backed Larus marinus is also on the decline but most of the breeding sites are at very few sites so they are at risk of a catastrophic decline if a major nest site is affected. IUCN database, moved from green to amber.

Same licensing situation for the Greater Black-backed but much, much less of a potential problem species than Herring Gull.

I'd still like to see contractors proving which subspecies of Herring gull they are dealing with though....should sort the professionals out from the cowboys B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I'm going to shoot whichever cat keeps crapping in my back garden if I ever catch it. TWICE, this week, I've stood in it...and it's only Tuesday!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My sweet husband invited me to go hunting with him this year. I Couldn't believe it...the first time ever!

I never thought he'd be willing to share his 'guy time' with me

And being the thoughtful man that he is, he even gave me an opening day

Present. He calls it 'The First Timers Lucky Hat'. I'm so fortunate to

Be married to him. I have attached a picture of me in my lucky hat

post-5641-1257270852_thumb.jpg

I'd still like to see contractors proving which subspecies of Herring gull they are dealing with though....should sort the professionals out from the cowboys B)

Which subspecies are these?

post-2108-1257277162_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim Roper

My sweet husband invited me to go hunting with him this year. I Couldn't believe it...the first time ever!

I never thought he'd be willing to share his 'guy time' with me

And being the thoughtful man that he is, he even gave me an opening day

Present. He calls it 'The First Timers Lucky Hat'. I'm so fortunate to

Be married to him. I have attached a picture of me in my lucky hat

post-5641-1257270852_thumb.jpg

LOL Nice one!! :D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!