A good bait runner reel for about £30-35 ?okuma??

wooody

Hi,

I was going to buy a couple of shakespeare oracle freespool reels but looking at a recent post i did about shakespeare rods, i did not get much positive feedback on them.

So i have decided to look at the okuma reels.But i hav'nt a clue as to which model i will need(epix,interceptor,undertaker ,ETC).I want it to be a baitrunner.Any ideas as to which one i want and why ??

Will an okuma reel be good or do i need to look for another brand again ?

Thanks,

Si.

Woody, if you ARE interested I have several bait runner type reels. I have Mitchells and I also have the GT 5000 ones as well. I sell the 5000 at £25 and the Mitchells at £30 each. I would personally choose the 5000 over the Mitchell, not least because the Mitchell has only one spool. But also because it looks so much like the Red Wolf and is a lot dearer with only one spool!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

This is a link for one which is for sale on Ebay!! But post is I fear a little expensive!! But then again I do not supply a reel case too! Unless you wanted to do a deal on say 3 rods and 3 reels and a pod???

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

i have two Interceptor baitrunners a 50 and a 30 the 30 is my fave, my son karl has a Dynadrag horible it is, if you can chuck up the extra few quide go for the epix, lovely they are, zebco as pang says have come on leaps and bounds, havnt tried that particular reel, but i can vouch for there rods the feeder rods they are doing now are great.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

I use an Interceptor and it does everything I expect it to. I've never had any bother with it and it's landed plenty of good fish. My mate has one and he's of the same opinion. If it doesn't work, take it back.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The Interceptor certainly looks the part and has loads of bearings making it a very smooth reel. I know of two highly competent barbel anglers who think it's a brilliant, and very robust reel. I can only think that the earlier models had a few gremlins that have since been sorted.

Think I'll look at Okuma when my Shimano's wear out.

Dave

For around £30 I'd recommend the Diawa Regal-X.

IMHO there are only bettered by Shimano's...

My reasoning is they have rear drag (which I prefer), are black (can't be doing with crome finished tackle), are very smooth and powerful, the drag controls are a decent size (meaning they are workable with cold fingers!) and they are almost indestructable!

[ 28. September 2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: m@ ]