traditional fishing or modern fishing

johnny5

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scoobs11:

each to their own mate really.

i prefer using my pole to catch fish some folk like centre pins .

either way there's a bloke on one end and hopefully fish on the other

You haven't yet lived, until you've had a pike smash though the water lilies in a shower of spray, about 6ft from your rod tip, and missing your lure completely!! :)

fish1.gif

Tight Lines - leon

[ 26. October 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Come on lads! I'm twice his age and learn something new everytime I fish. Sure I won't sit and wait for a bite alarm, but would rather read a water and get a big buzz when I catch. BUT, and it's a big BUT, even if I don't catch a fish I have been communing with nature and come back happy. (sorry lads, got carried away) :rolleyes::):D

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I think theres merits in both approaches. If it wasn't for pioneers and progress we'd still be using split cane rod, although theres nothing wrong with that. I would far rather be trotting a float and breadlake, catching on a river ala "passion for angling", however wnating to catch more fish I'm now learning to hair rig and fishing with pellets/csl etc. Take the best from both worlds and use it to get what you want when you want it.

Steve

As I do fish with what is considered learned techniqes, I am not restricted by Old or New. I learn something new as well each time that I go out here and that is a positive. Being able to Enjoy Nature is the GIFT that is most important. I have been told on more than one occaision to "Go Fishing" by the wife. She follows this up by saying that "you need to get your Head RIGHT". Some men would be worried by a comment like this, but I know that her wish for me to relax is the reason and I am Thankful. Having fished since I have been able to hold an old cane pole, I have applied the knowledge from my childhood expereinces and those learned since beginning to Carp fish here in Europe. As long as you are FISHING, that is what it's all about! :):)

HOPPY

Hoppy

I wish my wife would tell me to go fishing because at the moment it is about the only thing that is keeping my head straight. Instead I only get resented for wanting to go which if I do usually causes arguements or if I don't causes me to become that bit more unhinged and more desparate to go the next week.

Steve

Steve, I am sorry to here about your marital situation, I think I am very lucky having such an understanding wife, it is all to do with give and take. I am not a councillor, but I have been happily married for over 20 years. I think you both need to sit down and talk it over, for both your sakes and come to some agreement over each other's personal time and space.

I know I have strayed from the theme of the original thread but I have seen so many fellow angling friends marriages fail due to lack of understanding and thought by both parties, it depresses me.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say how much I appreciate my wife for being the way she is, love and respect Marion x.

[ 27. October 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

sherlockofsheff, I know that I am Very Lucky that she feels that way about my hobbies. Her father was fisherman as well and that helps I know. My first wife was a fishing person also, but it didn't help with other matters! This has been stated before, but there is something about them that just makes the FISH Bite. She learned to enjoy it with me and I was very fortunate to have that time. For you and the situation that you are in, I wish you the best of understanding in the future. I endured my share of resentment during the first one for other reasons and do not envy anyone that must do this. Good Luck and get out as often as you can to allow your mind to find that calm that is free for those who know how to enjoy it. :)

[ 27. October 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: HOPPY4 ]

HOPPY