what tactics would you use?

tetley

bluezulu:

tetley, follow the avice from myself and peter martin and you won`t go far wrong.

enjoy your fishing and don`t let people tell you theres anything wrong with catching the small stuff! it`s great fun watching the float dip every couple of minutes. have fun mate.

Cheers mate, i love seeing that float go under every couple of minutes thats what is so majical about catching small stuff, u can get a real net full and have a great days sport and sometimes be lucky enough to catch one or two or the bigger fish at the same time :)

go for the maggot caster one ft deep 20s b911

hook,at least 1pint of each and just spray with said bait, fish hand to hand three metre,keep the spray going and keep pullin them fish.

fast is speed . love it,

use the smallest float and the lightest one you

have

Small (4 x 8 or 4 x 10) pole float fished shirt button style with no.10's as dropper shot. Fish full depth but be prepared to shallow up as the fish rise. Keep spraying pinkies or red maggot, size 22 hook, single pinkie or maggot. Keep feeding 20 pinkies/maggots every minute until the fish are queueing up to take your bait. Keep shallowing up until you are only 18-24 inches deep and you will catch loads and loads and have a great amount of fun. Elastic size 4 for your pole as you will find bigger fish 6 to 12oz as well.

Hope this helps and let us know how you go on.

Gary

I may be too late in posting, but if you're using a pole, I fish on the bottom but put a lot of shot up near the float and put the line in the water "pendulum fashion" then you see bites "on the drop" or on the bottom. after a few small fish, the bigger (half to a pound and a half, Roach, Rudd and Perch) come on the bite. To be honest, I prefer fishing for these species as I was on a so called "Carp Water" on Friday and bagged up (about 45lb)..... And saw THREE carp come out, biggest at about 7lb.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription