Power Pro

Steve Burke

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve. You must have got your order by now?

Just to confirm. I will be without stock for about 1 week/10days. If anyone wants some reserved when it comes in please let me know.

Rgds

Graham

Arrived yesterday whilst I was at Wingham, Graham, and I've just spooled up with it. Thanks for the fast service!

[ 08. May 2005, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve. The only advice I would give for your first usage is to set the clutch a little lighter than normal and if possible use a slightly softer rod as well.

I have some 20/30/15lb in stock again now.

Rgds

Graham

Thanks, Graham. It's not my first time using Power Pro though. It's just that I'm so impressed with it that I've put it on another lure outfit.

I'd add that Power Pro has now replaced Bullet Braid as my favourite, having tried umpteen braids over the years. Many have not had sufficient abrasion resistance in the lighter breaking strains I favour for fixed spool use. The last one I tried certainly didn't, and also suffered from bedding in thus greatly restricting my casting range. No such problems with Power Pro though.

[ 09. May 2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Graham, line arrived today, cheers,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

You are welcome Den.

Steve, sorry wasn't trying to teach Granny etc....but a lot of anglers try braid and don't give it a fair run to appreciate the benefits.

If anyone wants tips on first use don't hesitate to contact me.

I will be taking some along to the Barbel Society Conference in Hinkley this weekend if anyone needs some.

Rgds

Graham

Love to use Power Pro, but it can be harsh on rod tips. I had a few break-offs recently and upon inspection discovered that the line had sliced a thin groove into the tip, which in turn would cut the line when pressure was applied. Replaced tip, end of problem. :)

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Thats interesting severus. Do you mean the tip ring or the tip? First time I have heard of it.

I have had it on my rods for over 2 years fishing around 4 times ( 40 hours)per week without mishap. Thats using a quivertip mainly.

Are you refering to spinning/lure fishing, that might have the effect you mention if the casting style frequently leads to line twisted around the last tip section?

Graham

Tip ring and lure fishing is probably what he meant. 8-10 hours fishing will usually mean 200-300 casts when using lures from a boat with a trolling motor.

I had problems some years ago with line cutting grooves in the rings on fixed spool rods but that was with metal rings rather than the newer ceramics or very hard metal.

However, that was with mono and it was just accepted that a heavily used lure rod would need a new tip ring and a new butt/base ring about once a year.

[ 14. May 2005, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President