particle and other baits

hi all,

im hoping to try somthing new to maybe increase my chances of catching a few more fish im fishing quite pressured waters ranging from silt to gravel and was hopin to try a new bait. the first thing that crossed my mind was particle baits but i dont no how expensive they are and i dont no wat i need for the job can you help me on that? and also what other baits apart from boilies and pellet have you had much succsess on or maybe theres a new type of boilie that you would reccomend? all help appreciated

tight lines, jay

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hi all,

im hoping to try somthing new to maybe increase my chances of catching a few more fish im fishing quite pressured waters ranging from silt to gravel and was hopin to try a new bait. the first thing that crossed my mind was particle baits but i dont no how expensive they are and i dont no wat i need for the job can you help me on that? and also what other baits apart from boilies and pellet have you had much succsess on or maybe theres a new type of boilie that you would reccomend? all help appreciated

tight lines, jay

Hi Jay,

I'm going to write a quick article on this, hopefully later this week. Particles are about as cheap a bait as you can get. I make up my particle mix using economy pigeon mix and hemp, which I buy by the sack from an animal feed merchant.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Can`t go far wrong with chick peas mate. Either soak and prepare them in tomato soup (an old classic) or just use water and flavour them with Strawberry Nutrafruit, Bergamot Oil and Sweet Cajouser. Add a bit of robin red to the water to zing the chicks up a tad.

Brilliant bait and one I have complete faith in.

wolf.gif

Try Red Band, it's a Pigeon conditioner you can get from animal feed suppliers.

It's pretty much the same if not the same as the stuff Dynamite Baits sell as Frenzied Particle Mix, it's also got a lot of Aniseed in it so doesn't really need additional flavouring as it's sweet and fragrant anyway.

Tench, Bream and Carp all go mad for it.

I soak it for 24 hours and then bring it to the boil, then it's ready for use. I add it to Method Mix usually but it's equally good spodded. It's a bit difficult to use with a catapult because of how sticky it gets.

I'm going to look out for that one, Rob. Cheers.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

To give you an idea of prices, click this link:

http://www.copdockmill.co.uk/retail.pdf

This is all I do for a basic particle mix:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Carp-Fishing-A...rticle_mix.html

Great article Elton. Soup to nuts and simple enough that even I (who knew nothing about such mixes) could follow along perfectly.

Unfortunately I'll have to pass on the hemp as over here, 15Kg would cost about the same as a good used auto. I do have a gal. of hemp oil so small amounts of that will have to do me.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President