Profiles

Guest Steve Burke

Guest Excalibur

Here's mine: Peter Fisher, chronologically middle-aged, terminally immature, started fishing 40 years ago, and will fish for anything I get a chance to, from tiddlers to pike and carp. A wife, Jeanette who doesn't understand fishing, but tolerates it tremendously, two fantastic kids, 19 and 22. Work on a farm, and love making things from scratch, rather than buying sometimes. You should see my barbecue, I'm not saying it's big, but a satellite system spotted and logged it as an active volcano last year! I have always loved music, can't play or sing to save my life, so run a mobile disco instead. Hope this gives a clue to who I am.

------------------

Guest chesters1

ok me too real name david granger born in greenwhich in far off 1953,spent first 17 years living in various addresses in bromley kent.first saw fishing at6years old on holiday in hythe kent .first went fishing same venue at age 7.tagged along with uncle t0 various places

untill the age of ten when i discovered carp.Used to walk to keston ponds (10 was grown up then) trying to catch one (unsuccessfully)then about 12 started venturing further afield to crystal palace etc still further as i grew older to the medway and mote park then discovered horton kirby at 13 where i caught my first double fig carp 18lbs.we all moved to folkestone at seventeen and i joined cinque ports ac spent some happy years fishing a pond called beachborough (lost to the club now i understand) a great lake now under the tunnel complex and of courst the military canal.at 21 we moved to farnborough and finally to tilford near farnham surrey with my mrs we had three kids now happilly moved (happy for us that is) on to their own places have 4 grandchildren and still fish and shall do till i drop.

Guest peter mccue

Newt, thanks for that link.

One thing though, ALL those titles for dummies, either they really care about us technically challenged types or there is a lot more dummies around than I thought!

And there I was thinking I was the last one in the U.K. to be blundering round the net

Guest fisher sniffer

I'm from Ireland ...... Since there's 12 lakes around my area(the closest being literally on my backdoor and the furthest being about 10 minutes),I know a fair bit about fishing. I'm a Man U. fan (no Barthez jokes!) rolleyes.gif My favourite fish are tench,carp and pike as their all smart fish and strong fighters.I'm lucky to have so many productive lakes beside me(if i get cold I can pop up to the house for a mug of tea and then head back) biggrin.gif

My best caotures are :

Pike 15lb,tench 5lb, and roach 1.5lb

Guest peter morton

My-Pictures0002.jpg

Right my turn! Peter Morton.born 1954 in Chelsea.

I have been married to my good lady Maria for 18 years,and we live in Sydenham,SE London

I am an avid supporter of Chelsea FC (does this betray masochistic tendancies)

I have worked in the Motor Trade for 25 years'and am presently employed at Lexus Park Lane,in Mayfair.

Started fishing aged 7 (thanks mum)First fish a gudgeon.

Joined first club in 1968 when Penge AC was formed,and won the first match (beating all the seniors).I also won the last match before the club folded 15 years later!

Drifted out of the club scene and just did my own thing till about 5 years ago,when a co-worker invited me to one of his club matches,which i won with double the weight of the runner up.Despite this i was invited to join the club (Hawthorne AC)which i did.

I now serve on the commitee and will be taking over as Match Sec next season.

I only got my first computer last year,and spent the first 6 months lurking around various sites before taking the plunge and starting to post.Found that the Forums were a bit like a classroom for me,with some very entertaining teachers(if only school had been so good!)Have to say the whole experience has proved to be very pleasant so far and i look forward to putting faces to names at future Fish-ins.

Cheers,

Peter. fish1_e0.gif

------------------

HAPPINESS IS A ROD IN YOUR HAND

ANMC i'm in are you?

[This message has been edited by peter morton (edited 24 January 2002).]

Guest Nightwing

Here goes.

Real name is Paul Willison, live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, born in Nov. of 1966 in the woods north of there and raised by some nice humans..err, my parents:-). Been fishing since age of 3, when I caught a 3lb brown trout in a local river, never looked back since. Even the obligatory girl chasing years did not quench the desire(likely why I am not married). I have taken over 60 species, with both fly and conventional gear. I am blessed to live in one of the greatest freshwater fishing areas on earth, with the Great Lakes, and 12,000 other lakes and thousands of streams in MIchigan! Curenty, fly fishing for big game, such as large carp, salmon, pike, musky and such is my primary pursuit. I have recently learned to controll the desire to howl at the full moon, much to the delight of my neighbors.

Guest courtone

Good evening each

Born 1942 in Nottingham on the banks of the Trent, started fishing ???????? (When small). Work for the Civil service, Benefits Agency, but have spent most of my working life in engineering. Been married to Jean for forty years on 16th of December (lucky eh?). My only hobbies apart from fishing are photoghraphy and days out to anywhere. I like nothing better than fishing on the local canal or standing in the Trent trotting a stick down the current.

Cheers biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

courtone

Guest rob foss

rob foss

Born in Southampton (c'mon you Saints!)but moved to Guernsey 13 years ago. Passionate about footie and fishing, and pretty keen on the old music too. 36 years old, lucky enough to be selected and fish for the Channel Islands in the World Champs in Portugal 1993 (got a second in section on day 2!!)-dropped out of fishing for a few years due to young family...back now with a vengeance. Suffer terminally from poleitis-you've got to love the technology smile.gif

Gave up work four years ago to concentrate on my kids and my fishing.

Thanks to everyone on the site for making me feel so welcome.

------------------

rob foss

My names Alan Degvile i was born in 1945 ilive in Redditch with my wife Judy we have three chidren now all adult's ages 2 sons age 27 7 18yrs &a daughter 23 7 granddaughter 4 in 2 week's time.My fishing as mainly been done on Lodge Park Pool on our estate i fish for anything i can catch,i'm not realy bothered if i catch or not .It's just good to be out in fresh air partaking in this great sport/pastime of our's.my largest fish i think is a modest Common carp of 14 lbsor so.At present i mainly fish for the Carp in our club pool.&only fish for roach if carp nt feeding.i'm going to broaden my horizons by trying to get out &fish new venue's.i'm a veritable tackle tart &think if ihave this new bit of tackle it will improve my catch ratio but never doe's.Iv'e my own web site it's not a fishing site but a dream site but does contain a page on fishing &can be found at http://pages.zdnet.com/slymgym/larrysworlds

------------------

Cheer's Larry