Profiles

Guest Steve Burke

Guest chris larkins

chris larkins married 25 years to best wife in the world ( so she tells me )26/05/55 old bloke ! Fishing since i was 9 years young best fish, the last one i caught or one the boys hooked smile.gif Three boys all a bunch of G**S

no not really christmas is too near they may read this smile.gif Not much else i want to say,would take too much room; last words fishing is THE BEST sport in the world!!!

chris L

------------------

chris L

ANMC member

HI.Name, Chris Platt.Born 1948.Married 2 kids.

Self employed gardener,12 years.Previously worked for council.

Started fishing with my dad around the age of 10.Mostly fish the River Mole(tributary of the Thames).Enjoy all forms of our sport,river fishing more than most though.

Cheers Chris.

Guest david platt

Hi All

Names David Platt 56yrs born Bury Lancashire

1946,Married to Barbara, two siblings one son Christopher one Daughter Rachael,I work

as an LGV Driver, like all types of music,Served in the Army (Lancashire Fusiliers )started fishing when 6yrs old first rod was a tank ariel bought from woolworths, first fish Roach, also like reading, diy & people watching.

david

Guest scoobs11

stephen cooper. born 04/08/69.married (10 years)

born and hope to die in penrith cumbria (its scary in the real world)

started fishing at about 10 in lancashire on my regular hols to chorley (parents needed a rest)

first fish a roach.

best fish was my last tench.

pbs are -

carp 17lb14oz.

bream 10lb8oz.

tench 6lb8oz.

never really weigh owt else.

the tench is the only one i really care about increasing.

i work as a security officer for lilliput lane ltd.(15 years there this year)

i have 2 terriers a fell dog and a border bitch.

i shoot vermin .

and i drive cars /ride bikes far too fast so the police keep telling me.

only thing i havent got a licence for is a bus.

only recently got into computers so ask newt not me smile.gif

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ferret1959

My name is Dave Tipping. I live just outside Leicester, moved here in '82 from the Redditch area. Started fishing with my dad and grand dad when I was about 7 or 8. Fished ever since.Used to be an eletrician by trade but had to give up work due to throat cancer last Christmas but I get by.

I fish for any thing but this year I'm gonna go for the British record Gobiogobio because the water my mate (stickfloatking) and I rent has got it in there, some where.

PB's are:-

Pike 15lbs

Bream 7lbs

Perch 3 1/2lbs

Zander 3 1/2lbs (from a water where they are not supposed to exist)

Chub 6lbs on a small spinner

Barbel about 11lbs but not sure about scales.

Carp 14lbs

Oh yes I like a bit of sea fishing also. My best fish was a 4lb Bass on my first day at it.

One more thing I'm 43 in Jan 2002 so if any one wants to treat me to a days fishing I'm up for it. biggrin.gif

------------------

Dave

Guest Andy Thatcher

Haven't done this yet sooo.

Real name oddly Andy Thatcher, shows a lack of imagination. Born in Enfield, 30/11/64. Moved first at 6 months old and have carried on with that momentum having longer stops in Hertford, Auerbach, Oberursel & Darmstadt in Germany, Suffolk and for the last 3 years in Luton. Been with long suffering girlfriend for 11 years. Started fishing when I was 5 and haven't really stopped for any length of time since. Fished for most things at one stage or other but have settled down to concentrate on barbel, roach, rudd, perch, tench, chub, carp, cats, grayling, crucians and dace. OK so I have failed terribly at being a single species man. Best fish is always the last one and pb hopefully the next. I am also a bird watcher & ringer.

Think that about covers it.

------------------

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Guest Bob Hornegold

Here Goes

Born 1945 Clacton,lived in and around Epping Forest for most of my life.

I hated school,but went to a seconary modern, then to technicial college, leaving as soon as I could.

My first job was on a golf course as an apprentice greenkeeper, later working at Lords and even Orient.

I married in 1968 to Christine, now my ex but still a good friend and produced a daughter Terri.

Terri now has three daughters of her own, Danielle, Jodie and Bethany, great fun but I'm glad to give them back at the end of a baby sitting session.

My long term girlfriend Ann (21years) thinks I'm the biggest hoarder in the world, she could be right.

I was in volved with motor racing for many years and knew lots of the house hold names, some are still around the motor racing in high positions.

My fishing started in 1954 when a friend of mine, Paul Pasco; father took us to Connault Waters.

From that day on I have loved fishing with a passion, fortunately I met a group of lads when aged 12 who fished at the Warren Pond.

There were no formal leaders, but Roy Child and Lenny Savage were older and lead the group.

These elders of the group turned a lad happy to catch anything into a dedicated Specimen Hunter.

In those days the Carp was just one of our quarries, we would fish hard for most species,from Dace in the River Rib to Carp at the Warren.

This group of lads formed themselves into the West Essex Specimem Hunter Group, fishing far and wide.

I caught my first 20 lb carp from a quay in Devon from a place called South Tawton, the tickets for the fishery were obtained from Exeter Angling.

Although I worked all over the world in the turf industry, fishing has kept me sane.

When you think you have all the worries of the world on your back, pick up a rod and a few hour on the bank of some river, pond or beach will sort them out.

lastly; in 1996 I was told I had a disease of the spine, which at one stage threatened to finnish my fishing.

But the Passion of Fishing which has been an all powerfull force in my life drove me to find ways to get to the bank.

Now I try to fish once a week and hope too continue forever.

Hi, my name is John Hopkins alias, hoppy. I was born in West Hartlepool, County Durham, now called, Hartlepool, County of Cleveland, on the 18th of April 1938 and I've lived here all my life. I began fishing with my father when I was 10 years old in 1948 (sea fishing) because we lived next to the NE coast, from the local piers with hand lines (cord) no nylon in those days. I joined the local Army Cadets at 13 years old and stayed with them for 3 years reaching the rank of sergeant, then had to leave to go to nightschool for educational training as an apprentice plumber. Married my girlfriend Anne in 1959, then I was called up to do my National Service in January 1960 and did 2 years in the "Army Air Corps" royal artillery in Detmold Germany,(no time for fishing). Returned to civvy life and did some long distance driving around the UK in lorries and coaches for several years. Then I returned to my original job, of plumbing and heating and carried on with my sea fishing and took up some coarse fishing after going on holiday to the Norfork Broads. I became a manager of a plumbing and heating company until I suffered heart problems at 39 years old and then I had to completely retire from work at 50 and had heart by-passes, but still managed to go out coarse fishing, but a little restricted.

Anne and I have been married for 42 years now and had 4 kids, all grown up now, 3 boys 1 girl, 2 lads joined the Royal Navy for 22 years and served on submarines, one has done his service and the other comes out next year(and his son, has just joined the royal navy on subs) we have 7 grandchildren. We now live in a ground floor flat which is our own.

Anne comes fishing with me sometimes, when its a long trek, to keep an eye on me, god bless her.

My largest fish...20lb cod...20lb conger eel up Scotland.

11lb carp from my club lake.My best bag... 54lb of cod and whiting off Horden Beach(all night session). All my angling has been coarse fishing for the past 12 years. Its too cold for me in the winter to fish, so I mess about with my computer until June.

So thats about it...my profile...cheers.

hoppy. smile.gif