Spro Reels

tincatinca

I have been looking around for a while now with a view to updating some of my float and feeder reels. In the past I have generally looked leaned toward earlier made in Japan Shimanos or the rarlier virtually bullet proof ABU Cardinals however, from listening to Sportsman on here coupled with a bit of net research, I recently purchased a new Spro Redarc. Having now tried it out for both feeder and float fishing, I am extremely impressed with it and as such have managed to get a couple more used ones off ebay. The reels are very smooth and compact with a superb front clutch and also have a good sized spool with excellent line lay. They are not cheap but if anyone is looking for something comparable say for example with a Shimano Stradic or the higher end Daiwa match reels they are in my opinion well worth a look. I have put a couple of pictures comparing the size with a little Cardinal C3. They come with 2 spools one being a shallow match spool ideal for float fishing and a deeper spool for feeder work. There are many other good match reels such as the Shakespeare mach 3s but these I feel are a little bit special but of course only time will tell.

post-8110-1323089264_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1323089283_thumb.jpg

I have been looking around for a while now with a view to updating some of my float and feeder reels. In the past I have generally looked leaned toward earlier made in Japan Shimanos or the rarlier virtually bullet proof ABU Cardinals however, from listening to Sportsman on here coupled with a bit of net research, I recently purchased a new Spro Redarc. Having now tried it out for both feeder and float fishing, I am extremely impressed with it and as such have managed to get a couple more used ones off ebay. The reels are very smooth and compact with a superb front clutch and also have a good sized spool with excellent line lay. They are not cheap but if anyone is looking for something comparable say for example with a Shimano Stradic or the higher end Daiwa match reels they are in my opinion well worth a look. I have put a couple of pictures comparing the size with a little Cardinal C3. They come with 2 spools one being a shallow match spool ideal for float fishing and a deeper spool for feeder work. There are many other good match reels such as the Shakespeare mach 3s but these I feel are a little bit special but of course only time will tell.

post-8110-1323089264_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1323089283_thumb.jpg

That's a relief. I am always nervous about recommending items of tackle, especially expensive ones, but I was on pretty safe ground with this one.

I don't know of anyone who has tried one and failed to be impressed.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Think I will stick with the C3 Paul (allthough mine is no where as pretty as your example!) Trouble is the C3 is very hard to get hold of at a non outrageous price today! so the Spro model might be a good alternative for those still looking for a U/L dropshotting reel.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!