okuma interceptor:- value for money!*!*!*

boilies

hiya all... im back!!! i havent been on for ages now as io moved house and had complications setting the internet up!!! anyway back to the mauin subject of this post... the Okuma Interceptor reel. 1 word to describe it... EXCELLENT. i got two of them for christmas to replace my old Shimano 6000's and i find the okumas much more reliable and at less than half the price much more efficient and good value for money. i would deffonately recomend this reel. it is a baitfeeder type fixed spool reel finished in metal and double handled and even better in 5 sizes... HIGHLY RECOMEND IT!! FIND OUT MORE AT http://www.nwac.co.uk

bubi from b's

I bought two of these in the summer for carping in the IBF50 size. I agree it's quite a good reel, but what bothers me is that when loading the first quarter to half of the spool the line does not distribute itself completely over its full width. At first there is an obvious gap of about 3- 4 mm at the top of the spool which only gets filled with line towards the end of job.

Some other anglers said this was a common problem with a lot of modern reels, even Shimano. However I think it's poor quality control and things should work as intended.

[ 27. December 2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]

I don't wish to be picky and I've seen enough written about these reels to know they are good value,but if you got them for xmas, (2003?) how can you say they are much more reliable after just a couple of days?

I have the Interceptor Baitrunner, and I agree it's a fine reel and excellent value (although mine came free with a Ron Thompson rod). I do find it takes quite a push of the handle to flip the bale arm over, which can be a disadvantage if you've just precision-cast to within a millimetre of where you wanted your float.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Ive had the 30 for a while now and found it to be great, for crimbo kerry got me a 50, and i must admit i had the same problem with line lay on this one, i will be trying it out on the monnow in the morning lets hope its as good as its smaller brother.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

tried the 50 today, worked as expected, very well, but, i found the baitruner didnt always kick in, ie bringing the bait in, then using the runner switch to give some line back so to change bait, bit of a shame realy, the 30 works so well.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道