Fish lose 30% of their eyesight in cold water

Anderoo

Androo,

You got Results! Bitch even when you're hung with a new rope.

Curious, What do you think?

Phone

Nope nothing. If you had any idea about science you would know one cannot make a statement or conclusion without sufficent published data or referencing previous published peer reviewed work so it can be independently verified by your peers.

You have neither presented and data or been able to produce a reference.

This makes your statement, unfounded.

If this was even possible there would be a reference somewhere.

Rich

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Androo,

First, may I say, you got more than the bloke that spent the money. Again, for the zillionth time. The money was used to discover the perfect carp bait.

Tigger,

And, with due respect. Without a lot of technical hocus pocus that is quite boring the "event" in question must for all practical purposes occur at right angles to the light source. It, any damage, is cumulitave. While it is indeed true carp can neither close their eyes or flex the iris they have considerable protection while in water. Basically water absorbs light. This means that the further a ray of light travels through water the weaker, or more attenuated it becomes. The more or less acute the light angle the "better" for the fish also. Even small amounts of water with indirect rays of light make all the difference in the world.

It is not with any "scientific certainty" I can say "all of anything" is true (blindness or sightedness). Equally, it gauls me to to be called irresponsible by some jerk when British carp anglers don't know or don't care that they do "a LOT" of damage with every photo session. Expecially FLASH photo - especially in direct sunlight - especially to carp - especially on the unhooking mat at right angles to the sky.

Intentionally blinded carp do quite nicely - that's the good news. It is very easy to intentionally (or accidently) blind carp. Rod are in very close proximity to the optic nerve. Carp caught from American "paylakes" (where carp are caught 100's of times) are nearly always either completly blind or functionally blind.

(The only "results" of any value to me in all this was that "bait color" for carp often is over rated - - - isn't it?)

Phone

Reference?

At the risk of putting words into kappa's mouth, don't worry, we've worked it out.

Without a lot of technical hocus pocus that is quite boring...
- that is the scientific equivalent of running away.

So let's put this one to bed, as the topic was about something else anyway.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

So... no links to studies. What you say may be true but as far as I know you're just a random (sometimes very random) bloke on the Internet.

One last try before I put my head back in the sand - where can I find your research?

Also, does this affect other species? I'm thinking of sight feeders like zander (walleye) and perch.

OOOOH dont put your head in the sand you will get sand blindness :o

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson