Why don't we get more big trout in coarse waters?

lutra

Me too...

Game

Coarse

Sea

What could be simpler?

Sea

Freshwater

:P:D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sea

Freshwater

:P:D

fair enough, go to it

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

The coarse fishing section covers a whole range of techniques for a whole range of species, that's fair enough. The fly section if just that, it doesnt cover 'game fishing' widely. The ferox (and other big trout) talk is out of place in the coarse section, so is any spinning or bait fishing for game fish.

The 3 types Game sea and coarse, have worked well for decades in 100s of books papers and magazines.

The real reason for your lack of BIG trout

is they aint suited to your water types

They need super clean water

oxygen rich

I have seen a lot of poor water quality in england

due to flat land & slow flowing

and poor drainage waterways

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

The real reason for your lack of BIG trout

is they aint suited to your water types

They need super clean water

oxygen rich

I have seen a lot of poor water quality in england

due to flat land & slow flowing

and poor drainage waterways

RUBBISH! Ferrox yes but no shortage of "big trout" Any time you want to see some BIG trout just come on down and I will show you some alive in the water mate! Far BIGGER trout than any you have up North I will bet.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

RUBBISH! Ferrox yes but no shortage of "big trout" Any time you want to see some BIG trout just come on down and I will show you some alive in the water mate! Far BIGGER trout than any you have up North I will bet.

I know some of the big trout reservoirs turn up big browns from time to time and that some of the cleanest rivers and chalk streams can have some good fish in them (Ive never heard of 30 pounders), but in general on big coarse waters, i was thinking maybe cannibalspinners makes a good point. Maybe a lot of are big coarse waters just aren't clean enough.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I know some of the big trout reservoirs turn up big browns from time to time and that some of the cleanest rivers and chalk streams can have some good fish in them (Ive never heard of 30 pounders), but in general on big coarse waters, i was thinking maybe cannibalspinners makes a good point. Maybe a lot of are big coarse waters just aren't clean enough.

Thinking of my time sent fishing the seemingly clean coarse fish rich loughs of Ireland. I think i right in saying its only the really crystal clear ones that turn up the big ferox.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I really think we have to be carefull and not confuse "Ferrox" with "Big Browns" when we discuss this subject though. Massive difference in the reasons why they are what they are and how they have become what they are when talking "Ferrox" ," Big Natural Trout", "Big Naturalised Trout" and "Big Reared Trout". Also they all look very different.

And Ive not included "Sea Trout", "Slob/Sonaghan/Bull Trout" etc etc!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

What sort of size do you mean

i am talking about truly wild river trout

such as in the river TWEED

Brown trout only

I have seen Brown trout over 10lb caught in scottish rivers

These are true monsters of the breed

if you have better Wild Brown trout than that down south

you are indeed very lucky :)

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com