Kennet Runs Dry

Leon Roskilly

Sad state of affairs. This river gauge at Marlborough gives some idea of the state of the river - this time last year it was registering around 12-16cm. Its currently on 2cm!!!

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...?stationId=7113

:(

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Sad state of affairs. This river gauge at Marlborough gives some idea of the state of the river - this time last year it was registering around 12-16cm. Its currently on 2cm!!!

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...?stationId=7113

:(

C.

Am I right in thinking that this is just up the road from Barton court?

Having second thoughts about driving all the way over there next weekend!!!

Mat

Mat

Mat

Matt if you look at Rustys blog he fished it on the 13th to give an idea of levels ,seem to remember it was hard going have a look Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Mat

Mat Marlborough is about 15 miles upstream. I was on the river just below Barton Court last Sunday - in fact we parked on the Kintbury Rd at the bottom of BC. River is very low but there is enough to fish - though you mat have to put some effort in finding them. Some of the carriers are almost dry but the main river has enough water to run a float through!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Mat

The Kennet at BC is ok Mat, the river doesn't have an abundance of water so the sluices are being managed and a couple of the carriers have suffered as a result (Gunters in particular). The venue is still very fishable and well worth the journey but if we don’t get plenty of rain in this area soon it won’t be worth visiting next year…...or maybe even this Summer :(

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

There was a lot about the effect the lack of water is having on our rivers and lakes on BBC 1 Inside out South last night. (Monday) The spring that feeds the Itchen has dried up, it's well worth a look on iplay. There was also a bit about the Bristol Avon and otters even had Martin Bowler on there but I felt he didn't come across too well.

All in all a good programme that really high lighted the efffect it is having on , fish, fishing and the eco system.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!