Unwanted calls. Anyone else sick of this?

Next fish in, remind me how to teach you to say "**** off!".

They don't seem to know what it means <_<

I think Ofcom should make the telcoms give consumers (free of charge) the option to disable all incoming calls which are number withheld or number unobtainable.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we've had about three nuisance phone calls in 10 years, and we are on the TPS.

We are also ex-directory and I'm very rude, mind you.

I have joined it also Elton, the one bandied about the forums to stop these type of calls, ! !

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I have followed the advice given earlier.

I have initiated caller display, too lazy to do it before, then totally ignored calls 0843, 0844, Witheld or International.

Normally, by this time I would have had 3-5 calls and so far nothing.

Keeping my fingers crossed they will now leave me alone.

• 3 weeks later...

And now I have a new one - sneaky debt collection agency cold calling me to snoop about who lives a couple of doors up, the cheeky barstewards. :angry:

Luckily, I have no idea who lives or doesn't live there.

I get them all the time from French companies

it's in french so I have no idea what they are selling :D

I try to get them to explain to me very slowly in pidgin English. They very rapidly get bored, aplologise for bothering me and move on :)

But usually they ask "Are you English??" bash on for a minute or so and then THEY put down the phone to us???

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I had a call yesterday, someone from the tax office saying i was going to get a $3,200.00 tax refund because i have been overpaying.

I havent paid tax for nigh on 20 year, so i said wow thats great then as someone here said " can you hang on a tick someones at the door "

ten minutes later i went back and hung the phone up.

I was tempted to talk dirty to her but then she may have rang back everyday. :D

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/