Good old flea bay!

Dave H

Well it could be that as you had made a verbal contact the rod was your property, ask him for the crime number as you need it for your insurance company.

That may well make him wish he had of had the tackle stolen. :D

E bay gave me an option .'Press here too Accept cancellation or reject it'. If the story is true or not he will syck to it and then what?. No Rod and nothing but hassle. The rod had not been paid for so there was no loss of money on my part. But perhaps i in some way will have to get involved somewhere then i could not be bothered with it

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it could be that as you had made a verbal contact the rod was your property, ask him for the crime number as you need it for your insurance company.

Now THATS a good idea!!! Make him squirm... :D;)

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

The other thing is E-bays system can’t cope anymore and they refuse obviously to up their complaints and to deal with disputes. Ten years ago I had a similar thing and within 3 weeks I was compensated but not now and I hear so many more stories that many just give up as its pointless.

Feedback too is a bit of a farce as many members are in fear of giving Negative feedback even though they are 100% in the right because the seller who is 100% wrong will give them negative feedback just out of spite and/or to defend their product so it gives a mind set to others as maybe they were not at fault?

Ebay are usually pretty quick with refunds. If you receive an item and it's not as described you just post it back and ebay will refund you as soon as the seller has it back (always remember to post it via recorded signed for delivery).

Sellers can no longer leave any negative feedback for buyers as far as i'm aware. Ebay have made it all in favour of the buyer.

Now THATS a good idea!!! Make him squirm... :D;)

A verbal contact means less than the written one on E bay. but i know the thought behind the action. Supposing it is true. And supposing he asks the police whether i have the right to know and when it comes back no then supposing it gets personal.

And even if the thought of making him squirm (if he is that sort of person) gets me nothing...Why bother, move on , get another rod (which i have). life really is to short to get vindictive over a sad individual.

Yes I like that as well! :D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Why bother, move on , get another rod (which i have). life really is to short to get vindictive over a sad individual.

And this is indeed what the greater majority of us do and to our discredit as the "bad guys" have realised this and take advantage of it!

Must admit though Paypal/Ebay have allways refunded my dough when Ive had a problem be it as a seller or buyer. It just seems a shame they dont step on repeat offenders.

I would have to disagree with Ian's comment re Ebay being all for the buyer though. They (in my experience) allways favour the sellers simple as that's where the bulk of their money comes from! I know its changed now but remember the days when as a buyer you got 3 Negatives your account was closed? you didn't see this with sellers!

Heavy head on here :rolleyes:

To be fair the retailers did not really have much of a choice to join E-bay for their Business. In these hard times I don’t blame them or anyone doing what they can do to save their livelihood.

We now have private sellers selling baits already tied up in PVC and they do sell because even the Angler has things a lot easier nowadays. So I don’t blame anyone on E-bay advertising but you have to play fair. The other thing is E-bays system can’t cope anymore and they refuse obviously to up their complaints and to deal with disputes. Ten years ago I had a similar thing and within 3 weeks I was compensated but not now and I hear so many more stories that many just give up as its pointless.

Feedback too is a bit of a farce as many members are in fear of giving Negative feedback even though they are 100% in the right because the seller who is 100% wrong will give them negative feedback just out of spite and/or to defend their product so it gives a mind set to others as maybe they were not at fault?

The Govt in some way have to look at E-bay to see what is going on and I will stake my life on it that they will probably find corruption and deceits from everyone from top to bottom. But why should it bother them. They will think to themselves as like all govts if it does not threaten their govt why spend money on it...

Yes Hawk - maybe I tend to be a bit direct for my own good! But I do think its a case often of caveat emptor on both sides. I agree the retailers have had to get on board - and its interesting that very often you can get something cheaper through a normal online store as opposed to ebay - or indeed a good old fashioned shop! And yes I've noticed pre-bagged bait - and its not always cheap! Ebay have always refunded pretty quickly when I've had an issue, but I have noticed that the dodgy sellers are getting very cute these days.

M

And this is indeed what the greater majority of us do and to our discredit as the "bad guys" have realised this and take advantage of it!

Must admit though Paypal/Ebay have allways refunded my dough when Ive had a problem be it as a seller or buyer. It just seems a shame they dont step on repeat offenders.

I would have to disagree with Ian's comment re Ebay being all for the buyer though. They (in my experience) allways favour the sellers simple as that's where the bulk of their money comes from! I know its changed now but remember the days when as a buyer you got 3 Negatives your account was closed? you didn't see this with sellers!

I think that it's more the fact that E-bay takes an advantage of it and so then the seller and /or buyer does. I still keep to my point that all this you know could happen before you enter into E-bay so you still have yourself to blame.

As my daughter who is a lawyer/Barrister will say it is difficult to convict anything on which is said online unless it is highly slanderous (and even that is very hard) or crime such as the paedophile which has a hard drive to prove it (on the evidence of only part maybe of evidence). Not saying impossible but in such cases as E-bay you are talking about a minefield that would bung up the courts from here to Pluto. The case would be put on the back burner as importance that both people would be dead before it came to court. The ruling to of it having to be settled within three years would be amended to god knows how long or how short depending on how you look at it.

I think that it's more the fact that E-bay takes an advantage of it and so then the seller and /or buyer does. I

Yes most probabley. Other wise they would have done some thing about it by now.

Budgie, if as a seller you are not allowed to leave a negative for a buyer no matter how bad they are, how long it takes them to pay, how abusive they are.

My wife sold an item and received a neutral - the reason being the postman ripped the edge of the top layer of brown paper packing as he handed it over to the buyer so she was marked down on 'wrapping skills' ! Another instance a buyer left a comment saying she could have dispatched the item more quickly - they paid at 11pm and she posted out at 9am the following morning... :rolleyes:

She's had buyers pay with echeques and then cancel within hours of them clearing, then receved email abuse asking where their item was. Another bought an item and got annoyed when a week later she contacted them to ask when they were going to pay - they replied they were waiting to be paid at the end of the month!

As a seller you are given negatives and marked down on performance; a buyer can continually mess seller after seller about and ebay do nothing about them.

By the way, 99% of the time i'm a buyer as you most likely know lol.