Shock Horror!!!!!

Nugg

Lets hear it for Fiberglass Rods/Poles. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

This is despite an assurence from the EA that such a ban would NOT apply to the holiday chalets at Potter. However the land that the chalets are on is owned by the EA! Why oh why couldn't the work have been done last winter. Would think that many of the chalet owners who hire to anglers, and are going to loose six weeks of their season, could push for compo. The EA are well aware of the ramifications of this issue. I was there when the case was put to the EA officers by the Broads Angling Strategy Group and the Broads Authority reps.

Interestingly a number of yachts now have carbon masts and hulls, some even have carbon sails, yet navigation is still being allowed.

[ 09. June 2004, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

i used to lease a water from the EA that was effected by overhead powercables and i have to say that some of the legislation that they use is laughable. the 30 metre minimum rule for one. unless you actually stand there and look at the distance you wont believe just how far that is, but they will not sway on that. one swim on this lake had cables that were around 20 metres away from it, yet despite you and the cables being shielded by bushes and trees meaning the only way you could make contact was to tjread the rod through them on purpose they still would not allow that swim open.

the 30 metre rule is supposedly to allow for the possiblity of the current arcing, but this is cobblers too as no power cables bar the very big pylons are 30 metres above the ground!!!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Just a comment here (from a safe distance :D )........How come it is safe where the chalets are, and not where the "public" access is?

Assuming the cables pass over both areas at the same height??

Just asking

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Exactly Den! Also why is it unsafe this year but safe a year ago?

It is this litigeous society that we live in. The big boys are taking no risks. But who can blame them?

It is poor timing. It has to be done. It is making angling safer. The EA were made aware of the timing problem as it effects the livelyhoods of the chalet owners but atleast it is being done.

Peter Waller:

The press release has been ammended. The ban only applies to land with public access, not the chalet properties.

Still says the same as far as I can see Peter.

Does this mean that as the E.A. is involved, that this situation will spread throughout the Country. There are plenty of yellow warning signs about in my area, but just that "WARNING IT IS DANGEROUS TO FISH UNDER WIRES" or something such, no ban as yet.