Are all starlights this bright?

Rusty

Had a blanking session on the Thames tonight with Steve, we got a bit bored towards the end and occupied our minds by comparing isotope illumination with that of starlights. My isotopes put out a perfectly adequate subtle glow (too subtle for the camera) entirely in keeping with the Goring 'Set'. Steve's e-bay special starlights (£8 for fifty and of unknown origin) put out a great beacon of light visible at fifty yards, god knows what's in them, Chernobyl effluent probably. The pic was taken at ten past six without a flash.

Still I suppose the light would've made it easier for anyone to check both of Steve's licenses.

DSCN0331.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Had a blanking session on the Thames tonight with Steve, we got a bit bored towards the end and occupied our minds by comparing isotope illumination with that of starlights. My isotopes put out a perfectly adequate subtle glow (too subtle for the camera) entirely in keeping with the Goring 'Set'. Steve's e-bay special starlights (£8 for fifty and of unknown origin) put out a great beacon of light visible at fifty yards, god knows what's in them, Chernobyl effluent probably. The pic was taken at ten past six without a flash.

Still I suppose the light would've made it easier for anyone to check both of Steve's licenses.

DSCN0331.jpg

Got 2 rod licences mate nah nah nah nah ,That pike that bumped off was the sum entertainment for the evening ,back home with glass of the obligatory now but on the way back to the car passed another angler walking up the towpath with a couple of the same illumination power starlights on his rod tips well spooky as they aproached me as i am sure mine were to him .

My rod and reel arrived today as well if you fancy a go tomorrow give me a ring Steve

Your isotopes just don`t look as bling mate :rolleyes:

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I specifically brought isoptopes that werent so bright and never use starlights. I found watching a bright starlight ruined my night vision and always gave the impression it was moving. Where as the low brightness isotopes i could watch all night.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

I specifically brought isoptopes that werent so bright and never use starlights. I found watching a bright starlight ruined my night vision and always gave the impression it was moving. Where as the low brightness isotopes i could watch all night.

I find the same thing with night floats...always look like they are moving but probubly coz i only fish short after dark sesh they dont bother me on the tip just the stray 747 that mistakes them for Heathrow ,I will most likely invest in some isotopes when i have used the rest of the starlights ....just dont tell Rusty he is intolerable if he is right...told you so told you so coming from the next swim for hours face.....

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

....just dont tell Rusty he is intolerable if he is right...told you so told you so coming from the next swim for hours face.....

Haha, that's because I'm not often right.....but on this occasion "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO"

This isn't really a fair comparison because the room was very dark and I used a tripod (i.e. ideal setup for the pic) but here's a shot of the isotopes, in the same setting starlights would've outshone these by miles. Do I need to store these things in a particular way? I was just going to leave them attached to the rod.

DSCN0332.jpg

Chris sorry mate thought you knew you have to recharge them after every use by placing them in a microwave on full power for an hour .

Chris sorry mate thought you knew you have to recharge them after every use by placing them in a microwave on full power for an hour .

Thanks for the tip Steve. I explained what I'd been doing to the Chief Fire Officer once they'd packed up the hoses, he just walked away muttering something. I don't remember telling him that I worked in a bank.

Thanks for the tip Steve. I explained what I'd been doing to the Chief Fire Officer once they'd packed up the hoses, he just walked away muttering something. I don't remember telling him that I worked in a bank.

Childish i know but i nearly spat my beer over the Keyboard posting that ,Chinese copy starlight jobs radioactivity has never been such fun get on it...........

i'll take this opertunity to say its Lidl tackle time again on the 5th of march ,and the box's of 50 starlights will be there again .i prefer isotopes myself ,i have them on my barbel rods & too avoid the dancing lights syndrome ,i afix them like this

2889iso-blobby.jpg

no more eye strain with hallucinated dancing lights ,now they just gently sway ,then dart away when the fishes bite

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve