Ebro Roach

Elton

When roach are introduced to a new water they can spread and grow well, witness their spread through the Shannon. I think these Ebro fish are stunning.

I'm still interested in stories about big roach so any tales from abroad eg Denmark, France etc. (not forgetting the Ebro) are welcome. If I get enough new material over the next few years there may yet be a "Big Roach 2"! Some new stories have emerged already this year, all triggered by the book. The existing book will remain the same.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When roach are introduced to a new water they can spread and grow well, witness their spread through the Shannon. I think these Ebro fish are stunning.

I'm still interested in stories about big roach so any tales from abroad eg Denmark, France etc. (not forgetting the Ebro) are welcome. If I get enough new material over the next few years there may yet be a "Big Roach 2"! Some new stories have emerged already this year, all triggered by the book. The existing book will remain the same.

I thought Holland was the place to fish if you wanted large roach (or at least it used to be) with reports of fish topping 6lb being caught quite often.

I thought Holland was the place to fish if you wanted large roach (or at least it used to be) with reports of fish topping 6lb being caught quite often.

A 6lb Roach must be a sight to behold!

I fancy a winter trip to the Ebro now...

Been talking to a few mates who still work the area and the general opinion is that they are the same species as our Roach! All have heard of big fish but never seen them personally but have seen many 3lb fish! Digging a bit deeper for me.Already got a couple of good areas from my old mate Saša Valentić but as his English ain't brilliant and my Croatian non existent its slow going!

Going to try another English guide I know as well.

Also its quite interesting that Sasa says the roach came with the carp the Romans brought some 2000 years ago!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Been talking to a few mates who still work the area and the general opinion is that they are the same species as our Roach! All have heard of big fish but never seen them personally but have seen many 3lb fish! Digging a bit deeper for me.Already got a couple of good areas from my old mate Saša Valentić but as his English ain't brilliant and my Croatian non existent its slow going!

Going to try another English guide I know as well.

Also its quite interesting that Sasa says the roach came with the carp the Romans brought some 2000 years ago!

Thanks Budgie, keep us informed of what you find out mate.

Damn no 6's, oh well a few 3's will have to do then. :lol:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep