Discrimination

Best you start up a thread detailing your struggle for open access then, Andy!

Then Elton can ban your @rse too! :lol::P

Seriously though, I think there will be a few interested parties and interesting discussion either way, just be prepared for not everyone to agree.

For my part, I'm a recently diagnosed 'yak-aholic but I make do with stealth paddling as opposed to actually doing anything about the access issue, plus access is pretty good as far as I'm concerned, based on the Broads as I am.

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best you start up a thread detailing your struggle for open access then, Andy!

Then Elton can ban your @rse too! :lol::P

Seriously though, I think there will be a few interested parties and interesting discussion either way, just be prepared for not everyone to agree.

For my part, I'm a recently diagnosed 'yak-aholic but I make do with stealth paddling as opposed to actually doing anything about the access issue, plus access is pretty good as far as I'm concerned, based on the Broads as I am.

Always interested in useful discussion Renrag. Enjoy your stealth paddling. Believe in God, but always steer away from the rocks. And never paddle the Wensum during the closed fishing season, otherwise you might become the victim of assault.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Trust me, I doubt anyone will assault me, I'm not the most approachable looking of people :lol: I get your point though ;)

But the rocks are where the fish are!!! Don't get the God reference, I'll be honest...

I certainly do enjoy a good stealth paddle (hard in a bright yellow kayak though!).

Thanks in advance for fighting our corner, even though I may not always agree 100% with your views, I appreciate the passion with which you are fighting for access for your sport.

May I ask, What comes first for you? Canoeing/Kayaking or Fishing? Or are you of the mentally unsound and combine the 2 as I do? :lol:

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

I think citizens should have the right to go fishing in their local river. And I also think that they should have the right to paddle down it.

It should not be up to just one intolerant landowner to prevent a citizen from paddling down their local river.

Giving people awareness of the natural environment by embarking on a canoeing expedition can be every bit as rewarding as an angling trip.

The important thing, to my mind, is that we should try our very best not to trip over each other's shoe laces.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

I think citizens should have the right to go fishing in their local river. And I also think that they should have the right to paddle down it.

It should not be up to just one intolerant landowner to prevent a citizen from paddling down their local river.

Giving people awareness of the natural environment by embarking on a canoeing expedition can be every bit as rewarding as an angling trip.

The important thing, to my mind, is that we should try our very best not to trip over each other's shoe laces.

Just one question Andy ‘what is the difference between a landowner and a web site owner?’ You want to have the right to have access to rivers that belongs to the landowner is that any different to having the right to access a web site like this one FM that also has an owner.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Nationalise all private fishing rights and open up all club, private and syndicate waters to all and sundry? Leave the rivers unmanaged? You realise that you would destroy the Southern chalk stream fishing which has been carefully managed by generations of riverkeepers?

Just one question Andy ‘what is the difference between a landowner and a web site owner?’ You want to have the right to have access to rivers that belongs to the landowner is that any different to having the right to access a web site like this one FM that also has an owner.

I guess they're both owners of a domain. I think what it boils down to is how would you behave in that situation, and how would you wish to be remembered after you check out? Would you choose to jealously guard your domain, and exclude others from it, or would you prefer to share it with others?

Nationalise all private fishing rights and open up all club, private and syndicate waters to all and sundry? Leave the rivers unmanaged? You realise that you would destroy the Southern chalk stream fishing which has been carefully managed by generations of riverkeepers?

I think you're being a bit melodromatic Steve. I don't wish to nationalise all club, private and syndicate waters. But I do suggest that it might be sensible for all club, private and syndicate waters to declare their interest in restricting canoe access to defined stretches of river at certain times of the year.

Just tell us where you are disputing canoe access. That way, I will know not to take kids paddling through that stretch.

Edited by andy_youngs

Andy,

You say, "Just tell us where you are disputing canoe access."

Are you suggesting you cannot "tell" when you are on forbidden stretches of water? Can they define the "times" as anytime?

I'm loosing the purpose of your argument. Certainly, you are not acquiescing to a simple "NO SHIPS" if the controlling party posts a sign stating the same - are you?

Phone

(have a look at what we have. Ok by me!) http://www.oneeyedwillys.com/floating/