Discrimination

unfortunately your wrong about your right to post on an internet forum

I don't think it matters how many of us say it, Andy doesn't want to believe it.

He would however be perfectly within his rights to start his own forum and then ban FM from contributing. :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A person owns (or rents) a computer and pays for the bandwidth and power. He runs a program on it which creates a forum, and allows people to post to it. Why do you think that gives anyone else a right to use it?

It doesn't. But what makes you think that everyone else is going to stop talking about it on other domain forums?

Ownership of a domain name clearly doesn't give the public the right to use a forum, otherwise the FM forum wouldn't have banned me. But in so doing, I think they've alienated a few people. And what was the point of setting up the FM forum in first place?

Was it to give users the right to post instant feedback? If it was then watch out, cos if they don't like the instant feedback that they receive, then they'll ban you.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

He would however be perfectly within his rights to start his own forum and then ban FM from contributing. :)

Absolutely not, that would be a complete waste of my time.

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Can you really not see why they might not want to give you a platform to campaign from if they don't have to? Many anglers would perceive your access agenda as being harmful to angling interests. If those people include the people who run FM, or significant numbers of contributors to FM, it would hardly be surprising if they said they were not willing to give you that platform - and they're quite within their rights.

You were the same about the AT coming down on the side of angling rather than paddling on the access issue, is it really that you don't understand why these people act the way they do?

I think I understand these people fine Steve. I choose to fight them, rather than to acquiesce to them because I think they're wrong. If they deny me a platform on FM, then ok, but they're the one's who have got to live with the consequences of that decision. AN clearly doesn't believe that my voice should be silenced though. Credit to them.

I think I understand these people fine Steve. I choose to fight them, rather than to acquiesce to them because I think they're wrong. If they deny me a platform on FM, then ok, but they're the one's who have got to live with the consequences of that decision. AN clearly doesn't believe that my voice should be silenced though. Credit to them.

I'm not sure as to what significant consequences there will be with regards to them banning you from FM ? probably none that will bother them a great deal.